Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: POR15
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d7n7master
The Good: POR15'd the engine compartment.

Actually READ the directions. Wear gloves, long sleeves, ventilation, OK.

The Bad: Nothing really. This stuff ROCKS! And DRYS like a rock too.

The Ugly: The directions didn't say ANYTHING about wearing long pants!!! That's my story & unsure.gif Anyway, maybe I can blame it on the beer.gif ??? It's now coming up on a week & most of it is finally gone or at least faded. Absolutely NOTHING I tried including acetone on a terrycloth towel would remove this stuff. If it's not gone by next week I'm gonna use the dremel. sawzall-smiley.gif

Extra Bonus: You'll not find a spot of rust on me for a long long time. agree.gif w00t.gif
jandro62
I was POR'ing the underside of the car with long sleeves on. The stuff went right through my shirt. I still have black leopard spots on my shoulder and bicep. A heaping help of Fast Orange in the shower along with hot water and mostly a scouring pad seemed to get a lot of it off. I did end up with a bit of rugburn though. Take your pick I guess.
campbellcj
LOL, BTDT...as I recall the instructions DO mention that if it gets on your skin, it will not come off until the skin does.

It is not a huge problem unless you splatter your face/hair. huh.gif
Levi
No worries you will shed that layer in 10 days or so.. wink.gif
beerchug.gif
jr91472
Glad to see this thread...I tried a search earlier. Do you know how many post contain "POR" i.e. porsche and "rust"? Pretty sad commentary actually.

I POR'd my gas tank today..should have paid more attention to ventilation (what a buzz). I probably won't remember writing this by tomarrow. confused24.gif

Anyway, glad to hear other positive feedback on this company.
SLITS
****Hijack Warning****

Youse guys may have hit upon a solution for Michael Jackson.

****Hijack Over*****
1bad914
If you use lacquer thinner within 10-15 minutes it will come off, if not, you know the results. I got two splatters on my glasses three years ago, those spots stayted there until I bought new glasses this year! I have used this stuff for a long time, it works! I coat the trunks with it and then put thier Tie Coat primer on, then paint over that. It is tough stuff after that! Try grinding it off... ar15.gif ar15.gif
d7n7master
Yep. My wife was able to get a few splatters off my face and neck using acetone & a clean terry towel. But by the time she started trying to get it off of my legs it was too late... besides - she was having 2 much fun laughing at my stupidity. rolleyes.gif
UhhhOhhhh, I still have to do the topcoat!!!
I know - I'll wrap myself in saran wrap.
rocking nana.gif happy11.gif
Jenny
Right after por15-ing my floors, I noticed some spots on my arms. Grabbed the nearest can of brake cleaner and sprayed right on the spot. A quick wipe with a dirty shop towel and I was clean! Brake cleaner really is amazing stuff!!

And it smells great! wacko.gif

Jen
DuckRyder
Scotch Brite works fine, the raw spots hael in a few days.

2 weeks minimum has been my experiance for how long you wear it.
Jenny
I've gotta mention this... everyone remember the guy that got herculiner on his hootus?? lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif ahhhhh... slap.gif I deserved that.

Jen
aircooledboy
everyone remember the guy that got herculiner on his hootus??

His whaa chairfall.gif ??
Jenny
his HOOTUS!! :dhead:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showth...?t=18595&page=1

ENJOY!

Jen
DuckRyder
Of all the things I could think to say about that, there isn't one single thing that is even close to appropriate in mixed company. unsure.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Jenny @ Aug 13 2004, 10:52 AM)
I've gotta mention this... everyone remember the guy that got herculiner on his hootus?? lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif ahhhhh... slap.gif I deserved that.

Jen

hmmmmm - not quite the thing I surf the net for
Howard
Slits!!! There's a poem there, but what rhymes with hootus??? beerchug.gif
sanman
Toocus bootyshake.gif LOL
Jeff Bonanno
in the uk that is the bootus bootyshake.gif biggrin.gif
SLITS
Late one night, when all was calm,
Jen had her CRT on,
The room was dark and quiet,
As she surfed the net, she spied it.

A thread that make females laugh with glee,
About a man who got his member with glue siezed,
An explanation he gave so as not to embarass him,
His hootus was in trouble, his face had no grin.

An image formed in Jen's mind,
To laugh would be so unkind,
But as females feel that men their troubles are the rootus,
To solidify his member was a real hootus.
Jenny
An infamous thread that's passed thru many forums. I remembered it from my rennlist days. I didn't just happen to do a google search for "herculiner on the hootus." <_< I'm not even sure how old it is. It's a riot to read every so often. Especially on a Friday afternoon.

Jen
Howard
Do you ever stop and consider how fortunate we are to have slits as contributor?

I don't; but do you??? wub.gif
SLITS
And you actually think I take myself seriously. lol2.gif Well, yes I do chairfall.gif monkeydance.gif wub.gif grouphug.gif

Any other commands o fearless leader? icon8.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.