Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Its been wayyyyy to long man.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
...Its been a very busy summer/Year and haven't much time to cruz the site and now winter is here, But now for the real story, My car is having a bad day...it won't start.
It started running bad ..So I gave it a Mexican tune-up, points,cap,etc..
took it out for a driving.gif and about a mile down the road, She just stop.
So today I try starting her up again.. headbang.gif ..nothing.
I have spark at the dist. Now I'm checking the relays confused24.gif ....I was thinking of going point-less HELP..please.
silver74insocal
whats the fuel situation?
Mike Bellis
Clogged injectors from sitting with crappy gas?
oldschool
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Nov 28 2011, 10:27 PM) *

whats the fuel situation?

? never had a problem...Its been running since I got her.
oldschool
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Nov 28 2011, 10:27 PM) *

Clogged injectors from sitting with crappy gas?

I was driver her almost every week end...No bad Gas.
silver74insocal
if it will fire on starter fluid you've got a fuel delivery problem. use that stuff sparingly though. if not double check your spark beerchug.gif Dave
einic
Check the fuse for the fuel pump in engine compartment, connections on the pump. You should hear the pump turning when you turn on the ignition. (Few seconds)
KELTY360
I think you're on the right track to check the relays.
rick 918-S
Just went through a no start issue. Turned out to be a bad relay. I spent a day swapping in bad ones that I thought were good. wacko.gif As suggested, if it will fire on starting fluid it's a fuel issue.
r_towle
do the headlights pop up and down?
If so, take one of those relays (that you know work by testing your headlights) and replace the fuel pump relay with one.

Rich
Series9
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 29 2011, 12:20 PM) *

do the headlights pop up and down?
If so, take one of those relays (that you know work by testing your headlights) and replace the fuel pump relay with one.

Rich

agree.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 29 2011, 06:14 AM) *

Just went through a no start issue. Turned out to be a bad relay. I spent a day swapping in bad ones that I thought were good. wacko.gif As suggested, if it will fire on starting fluid it's a fuel issue.

Is there a way to check the relays? with a meter maybe, if so that should they read?
r_towle
sort of....

Relays are switches.
two poles are switched on and off to carry current.

One of the other poles is the actual switch...so if you engergize it, you will close the switch.

So, you can test them, but you will need 12vdc and ground.

Rich
oldschool
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 1 2011, 10:12 AM) *

sort of....

Relays are switches.
two poles are switched on and off to carry current.

One of the other poles is the actual switch...so if you engergize it, you will close the switch.

So, you can test them, but you will need 12vdc and ground.

Rich

Got it, should I hear the pump when I insert the good relay...if I have the switch on?
oldschool
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 29 2011, 06:14 AM) *

Rick I had my old friend (BR)come over to help with the car......it was the connection to the fuel pump.....I still need to fix the wire that came /broke off but it should be up and running this weekend piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.