Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 73-74 2.0 NOS heat exchangers (not stainless)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tod914
Long shot, but don't know till you ask. Anyone have a set of original 73-74 2.0 heat exchangers they want to sell? Grey painted type, not stainless.

Thanks, Tod
Tom_T
Hey Tod, couldn't one paint the SS HE's etc. in the grey (or satin black topside of the tins) & still have an original look with better quality?

I ask not only for your need, but on how I might handle the SS HEs for my resto, since I want the SS longevity since I'll be keeping & actually driving mine.
Tom_T
Well here's one side at AA - maybe they have the other?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...amp;refid=store

If you want it' I'd call George & have him tell Lionel to pull it from evil-bay & ship it to you.
tod914
Thanks Tom, those are 1.7. I'll shoot my local P parts guy an email too. I'm looking into high temp coatings as well.
Tom_T
QUOTE(tod914 @ Nov 29 2011, 02:48 PM) *

Thanks Tom, those are 1.7. I'll shoot my local P parts guy an email too. I'm looking into high temp coatings as well.

Shoot.....I gotta learn to read! blink.gif

I saw the pic & the kink in the after-pipe section looked like the 2.0 offset from the pic. I'll keep an eye out. I did see some others 2.0 on evil-bay awhile back, but I'm pretty sure they sold quickly for $800-1200 IIRC the last bid I saw.

What do you think of using the better SS HEs & painting them the correct grey - at least for my 73 2L, per my other post above?? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.