Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914's in Kona
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
effutuo101
Long story, but I was helping out around my Uncles house and met a great guy who lives in Kona with 2 914's and a 911. Hope he joins the board!
effutuo101
just because the weather was great. this was my view for coffee in the morning
effutuo101
and in the evening.
effutuo101
Feeding the eel's. There is a red one in the left top of the picture.
effutuo101
just love sunrise...
pt_700
waaaah! my old home.

left in '91 thinking i'd be back in 5 years or so. still in san jose. kind of sad thing is every time i went back, i felt more and more like a haole tourist! oh well, being within driving distance of rennsport IV is decent compensation.

tough place on those ungalvinized bodies. think that would be on my list of "no expenses spared" fantasy rebuild...

is that keahou bay?
Zimms
Please stop the cruel and unusual punishment!

NE Indiana day:
  1. Realize drain in pond is clogged as pond grows to twice its dug size.
  2. Feel that 30 degrees is not to cold for short, T-shirt and a dip in the pond to unclog said drain.
  3. Realize I am wrong as water hits mid level.
  4. Unclog drain.
  5. Piss and moan to wife in uncommonly high voice.
  6. De-thaw.
  7. Rain turns to heavy snow, Let's que the snapping trees.
  8. Neighbor cannot get car into shared drive because a tree fell on the shared drive from my property.
  9. Quietly thank father in law for leaving chainsaw.
  10. Get soaked in 2 minutes while cutting tree for 45 minutes to clear driveway.
  11. Work really damn fast as other trees crack like thunder.
  12. Curse pond after thinking of doing an early polar bear club by myself.
  13. Look at sunset photos and realize at least I am not getting skin cancer as teeth chatter.
effutuo101
At Paul. Yep that is K bay. New begginings my friend. Ma ah.
effutuo101
At Zimms. To your last point. Frost bite on the short and curley's is no fun either.
Dave_Darling
There was a guy with a red 914 south of Kona-Kailua a couple of years back. I followed him into a gas station and talked for a couple of minutes... smile.gif

--DD
EdwardBlume
I dig Kona. I was slumming it at Kukio / Hualalai a few years back.
JMKnight
sad.gif I can definetly relate to this scene. I don't know if I would be able to move to HI, but I really want to get the hell out of Indiana, North OR South!
QUOTE(Zimms @ Nov 29 2011, 05:37 PM) *

Please stop the cruel and unusual punishment!

NE Indiana day:
  1. Realize drain in pond is clogged as pond grows to twice its dug size.
  2. Feel that 30 degrees is not to cold for short, T-shirt and a dip in the pond to unclog said drain.
  3. Realize I am wrong as water hits mid level.
  4. Unclog drain.
  5. Piss and moan to wife in uncommonly high voice.
  6. De-thaw.
  7. Rain turns to heavy snow, Let's que the snapping trees.
  8. Neighbor cannot get car into shared drive because a tree fell on the shared drive from my property.
  9. Quietly thank father in law for leaving chainsaw.
  10. Get soaked in 2 minutes while cutting tree for 45 minutes to clear driveway.
  11. Work really damn fast as other trees crack like thunder.
  12. Curse pond after thinking of doing an early polar bear club by myself.
  13. Look at sunset photos and realize at least I am not getting skin cancer as teeth chatter.

PBC914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Nov 29 2011, 06:46 PM) *

and in the evening.

SUNAB914
Forgot the part of going to work in dark and coming home in dark. Get's depressing in winter.
Zimms
QUOTE(JMKnight @ Nov 30 2011, 10:19 AM) *

sad.gif I can definetly relate to this scene. I don't know if I would be able to move to HI, but I really want to get the hell out of Indiana, North OR South!

Yeah, I wrote that in jest last night after a few drinks. beer3.gif I saw the photos and was starting to think of a nice mid winter vacation.

It was a hell of a day yesterday. I am not too far from Warsaw, and we got pounded!
effutuo101
understood. I took it in jest.
I got back to seattle having missed the first snow storm of the year. It sucked having to wear shoes again.

oh well, there is next year!

effutuo101
patience...
3d914
OK, love the scenery - but where's the 914s!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.