Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb vs Injection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
akellym
I currently have injection on my 1.7 with the big bore kit. After several months I am still not able to get it to idle right when cold. Everything has been checked and replaced twice!

So I have been thinking about switching to carbs. I would like to know what you guys think about the idea.

Thanks
ArtechnikA
elaborate on 'not right'... too fast? too slow ? too rich? too lean ?
did you change the cam?

if not - twice may just not be enough...

BTW - welcome - and - sweet car !
akellym
cam has not been replaced. idles to high then drops to not wanting to run until it gets hot and then runs great.
Jake Raby
Wait on the KitCarlson EMS..... You can keep it stock appearing and then dial it all in with the laptop!
Mark Henry
My first choice would be to fix the stock FI, some of the other members might be able to help you with this.

My second choice would be an aftermarket programmable FI system. You can use most of your stock FI intake, pump, etc.

My last choice would be dual carbs, Weber’s or Dells, forget about the single progressive…it’s a piece of crap.
Don’t forget to add a better dizzy and low-pressure fuel pump to the carb cost.
eeyore
This is OT but, by gawd that's a beautiful shade of blue and amazing finish. Any idea on color name / paint code? boldblue.gif
davep
I'm with Brad and Mark. If the stock FI cannot easily be repaired, then go with aftermarket programmable FI.
SLITS
Closest apears to be L 98 P - Metallic Blue
akellym
the color is a early 90's 911 color, I believe is was called Electric Blue. From a distance is looks black, until you get close. At least that's what the body shop told me.
akellym
When is the KitCarlson EMS due out and and idea on cost.
SirAndy
agree.gif FI is the way to go ...

wanna buy a set of freshly rebuild 40 Webbers ???
biggrin.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.