Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's it for? The slot in the underside of the hood passenger side toward the firewall
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PBC914
Does anyone know what the slot in the underside frame of the front hood on the passengers side nearest the firewall is used for? Is that to hold the maintenance record???
bigkensteele
Not sure what you are talking about. Got a picture?
Socalandy
from your desciption it sounds like a PO cut it to work out a dent in the hood. Never seen a slot in the frame work of the front truck

agree.gif A picture would be nice
sean_v8_914
thru hood refueling port
nathansnathan
Sounds like someone sat on the lid, the supports beneath get bent down as the adhesive gets separated.
IPB Image
iamchappy
For the fuel door, like on the 914-8's, Can use it as a guide when installing your own....
windforfun
My "73 1.7 has one too.
andys
QUOTE(windforfun @ Dec 1 2011, 08:08 AM) *

My "73 1.7 has one too.

+1
Mine has one as well.

Andys
burton73
I have 3 hoods in my shop and they all have them. One from my 6 one from a 73 and one from a 74. I think my 76 has the same thing as well.

Bob
SirAndy
They all have it. shades.gif

Early prototype design called for a fuel door in the hood. That idea was scraped for production but they didn't see the need to change the tooling for stamping the hood frame ...
popcorn[1].gif
SirAndy
Here's a pic of one of the prototype cars that has the fuel door ...
PBC914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 1 2011, 12:11 PM) *

Cool-thanks everyone for your replies-never knew what that was for!!!
Valy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 1 2011, 10:11 AM) *

This is a newer model with the full passenger seat.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Valy @ Dec 1 2011, 12:38 PM) *
This is a newer model with the full passenger seat.

Nope. That's an early euro /6 prototype car.

The funny thing about prototype cars, they have all kinds of stuff that's not production!

shades.gif
naro914
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 1 2011, 09:41 AM) *

For the fuel door, like on the 914-8's, Can use it as a guide when installing your own....

Is that yours?
where did you get the stuff to do that? (cap, ring for the hood hole, etc). That looks great!

SirAndy
QUOTE(naro914 @ Dec 1 2011, 02:09 PM) *
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 1 2011, 09:41 AM) *
Is that yours?
where did you get the stuff to do that? (cap, ring for the hood hole, etc). That looks great!

If i recall correctly, he used a off the shelf (Ford?) part ... idea.gif
partwerks
With their first idea, a person would have been dribbling gas all over the hood. This way I get to dribble it all over the top of the gas tank........
sean_v8_914
chappys fuel door is groovy.
JMKnight
QUOTE(PBC914 @ Nov 30 2011, 05:14 PM) *

Does anyone know what the slot in the underside frame of the front hood on the passengers side nearest the firewall is used for? Is that to hold the maintenance record???

confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.