Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts advice re: 914 for newbie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
afiniti
I need some front ball joints for my 1970 914. Any recommendations on where to buy parts? I found this place through google that has them for $59.95 free shipping.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/shop_par...orsche/914.html

However, I'm new to this game, and don't know if these are quality parts, or whether I should be buying from somewhere else? Any advice from you veterans?

Thanks in advance!
Spoke
Check at Pelican Parts for your 914 needs. There are other smaller specialty houses also. They have the same ball joints for the same price without telling you that you'll save $66.
Laura-4-Lyfe
I second Pelican Parts if you are ordering online. Have you checked for any local independent parts stores in your town? I do the majority of my parts buying from an import parts store about a mile from my house. When I first started going there they were comparable to internet pricing. Now that I am a regular I get a pretty good discount.
Dr Evil
Check GPR as they are members here and will hook you up with great service.
underthetire
I second GPR . Next choice would be pmb and pelican. They all actually know these cars and what fits, they also know what csob's we all are!
luskesq
I've heard good things about GPR & PMB but haven't used them, yet. Pelican is a good source with quick delivery. I have also purchased from Automotion which pricewise is very competitive and often cheaper than Pelican, quality parts and quick delivery.

Keith
rick 918-S
GPR agree.gif
EdwardBlume
GPR will treat you like you matter.
markb
Yup, GPR

800 321-5432
afiniti
Awesome, thanks for the recommendations guys. Also, one more question. Some are selling ball joint kits, some are selling just the ball joints themselves. Do I need to get new pins, lock plates, etc., or can I just get the ball joints and reuse the rest of the parts already on the car?

I need to find a set of technical manuals smile.gif
type47
QUOTE(afiniti @ Dec 1 2011, 12:05 AM) *

I need to find a set of technical manuals smile.gif

Check out the link in my signature for workshop manuals
tat2dphreak
pelican, GPR, and everyone forgets Paragon! I've always had great luck with Paragon... but at the end of my 914 Journey, I had Eric Shea on speed dial... the guy can get a lot of parts and not jab you the way the big guys do!
ConeDodger
GPR!!!

Ooops! did I say that too loud? sad.gif
Dr Evil
Eric Shae is my closest and best friend (from Utah), and I dint know he was dealing parts to the average Joe. I totally support him as a good choice for pars smile.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 1 2011, 10:53 AM) *

Eric Shae is my closest and best friend (from Utah), and I dint know he was dealing parts to the average Joe. I totally support him as a good choice for pars smile.gif

link in my sig... he helped me out a lot! great guy, too!
underthetire
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 1 2011, 08:53 AM) *

And being from Utah, you could be his third sister wife cheer.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Dec 1 2011, 12:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 1 2011, 10:53 AM) *

link in my sig... he helped me out a lot! great guy, too!

He has always helped me out as well, but I though that was because I was cool. I didnt know he was whoring out to the whole community. Good for him! thumb3d.gif
JawjaPorsche
Excuse my ignorance....where is GBR? I tried googling with no success.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.