Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 911 Front Suspension 3.5" w/ Brembo calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
Edit: Sale pending one one pair of Brembo calipers. One pair left. Will sell with or without the suspension.

This is a complete Boge strut 911 front suspension with 3.5" caliper bolt spacing. It includes strut assemblies with good used cartridges, turned rotors, replated backing plates, sand blasted hubs, aluminum cross member, under body sway bar , A arms with torsion bars and adjuster caps, and used A calipers.

I also have two pairs of 951 Brembo calipers that have been modified to fit the 3.5" caliper bolt spacing. Both have the same piston size. One pair is pictured. The second pair is cosmetically less attractive. Both pair are usable as is and show no sign of leaking. The Brembo calipers will take about 10 pounds of unsprung weight off of a car. Pads are larger than A calipers.

Price with A calipers $750, with Brembo calipers, $900. I have two pair of the Brembos and will sell one pair for $175.

Will ship but prefer local pickup or delivery in Socal area.
Bruce
clow
Wish I lived in California. Not like up here with the polar bears. sad.gif Looks like a good deal!
bdstone914
QUOTE(clow @ Dec 1 2011, 12:55 AM) *

Wish I lived in California. Not like up here with the polar bears. sad.gif Looks like a good deal!

Does Ontario really have polar bears? I never saw one.

We have trucks that drive there. Never shipped one to Canada but it costs $75- $100 to ship cross country in the U.S.

I have mailed rotors and calipers in flat rate boxes for $15. Those are the heaviest parts of the suspension.

Bruce
clow
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 30 2011, 11:03 PM) *

QUOTE(clow @ Dec 1 2011, 12:55 AM) *

Bruce

Well maybe far far north, but we got snow today. Where I am living at school I am far from the border and shipping will get expensive with brokerage fees and duty. Too bad if I was at home I am only 20 minutes away from the States. Great deal for someone else though. Goodluck with the sale!
ArtechnikA
I'm looking for a pair of 930.351.xx calipers - you got those in that package ?
bdstone914
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Dec 1 2011, 04:54 AM) *

Sorry, No 930 calipers. Do you know the piston size they use?

Do you really need that much braking in a 914?

Bruce

wndsrfr
I have two pair of the Brembos and will sell one pair for $175.

PM Sent on Calipers.
bdstone914
Sale pending one one pair of Brembo calipers. One pair left. Will sell with or without the suspension.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 1 2011, 09:22 AM) *

I've got piston sizes in my notes someplace...
Not putting them on a 914 ;-)
SLITS
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Dec 1 2011, 07:34 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 1 2011, 09:22 AM) *

I've got piston sizes in my notes someplace...
Not putting them on a 914 ;-)

You're asking for 911 Turbo Calipers .... good luck. They're not as easy to find as 914/6 rears.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 1 2011, 11:01 AM) *

You're asking for 911 Turbo Calipers .... good luck. They're not as easy to find as 914/6 rears.

I know what they are ;-)
What I really want is 2,8RSR calipers, but there were way more Turbos made than RSR's.
Worst-case - I'll save my nickels and dimes for the ZuffenHaus RSR reproductions.
I just sold a set of 914.6 rear calipers, so this gives me hope...
I've got a set of 930.352.xx (Turbo rear) calipers - now I just need fronts to match.
mikea100
Found this chart...hope it helps. If you use 930 rotors with 951 calipers that should almost be as good or better (951 S calipers - Big Blacks) as 930 calipers for 1/10 of $. 930 breaks upgade runs about $2.5k-3K, when as 951 calipers can be found for $300/set of 4. For 951 S you'll need different adapters.
ArtechnikA
For 951 S you'll need different adapters

what sort of adapter?
(sorry about the hijack, but it does bump the thread...)
mikea100
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Dec 2 2011, 06:50 AM) *

For 951 S you'll need different adapters

what sort of adapter?
(sorry about the hijack, but it does bump the thread...)

I also apologize for the highjack.
Artechnik,
I ment that 951 and 951S use different calipers (at least front) with different mounting points. http://www.vehiclecraft.com/Brakes/vciweb4.htm search for VCI-6600
icon_bump.gif for the best calipers that $175 can buy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.