Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show-N-Shine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
seanery
I propose that we do it at the Mill Creek Park after/during lunch.
It's very close to the hotel and offers a good picture location.

awards...do we need trophies?
(I'm not a fan of trophies myself)
Is there something else?
GaroldShaffer
To me trophies are dust collectors. Maybe some speical shirts or something?? If we do awards, I feel that everything should be a peoples choice.

Best Org 6
Best 6 conversion
Best paint
etc....

Or if it is going to be judge, then we should already have the judes picked.
seanery
I like popular vote.
Engman
I disagree - a lot of people will travel if they have a shot at a thophy or award. Maybe make them framed certicates at the least - It would hold the cost down.

Need awards!

Suggestions

Peoples choice
Best Conversion
Best original
Furthest traveled in a 914
Best Interior
Best blown engine - gotta have one for Sean!

M
seanery
If we do an award of some sort, let's make it look/feel like it came from a 914. Heck, even using recycled 914 parts are cool to me if they look nice.

Any ideas? Something between a tach and a steering wheel in size maybe confused24.gif
GaroldShaffer
Small & big bags of rust happy11.gif ok I know slap.gif

I didn't look at the trophies given out by the SMOG guys. I can check with the local trophie place here and see what prices are like.

I think the 914 car part idea is cool just not sure how we would do it.
seanery
Tom got them because they were less $ than plaques.
Go out and look in your parts stash.

Mark, maybe we can design something and pay you to make them? No freebies on this one, you donate a ton of stuff already!
GaroldShaffer
I will see what I got. Maybe paint them gold and add a "name plate" with best XXX? Depending on how many door prizes we get they would recieve a FFC "trophy" & a nicer door prize???

At the 914 breakfast today we were talking about the FFC. Most of the 11 people there liked the ideas of awards but felt we shouldn't get carried away with it. They all like the "popular vote" selection of winners. Also felt there should awards for the usually things

paint, interior, org 6 & 4, 6 convert, overall champ, longest distance traveled. But then a few goofy ones like
filthy engine compartment & most spare parts
Engman
I will talk to my boss - We can probably do something in stainless (laser cut) with engraving. Need to know how many. And what type of awards.

M
seanery
Mark,
Look at the circular logo on the webpage link.

Can you do something like that about 6" - 8" big?

I can draw out what it might look like monochrome with etching. This would be a great idea.
Let us know how much $.

thanks, this is a cool idea.
seanery
maybe something like this
Engman
I will see what I can do. Remeber it will be stainless with engraved lines. Need to make the classic a bit bigger for it to come out gud.

M
seanery
I could modify it slighty by making the needle a real needle and the word classic under Fall Foliage curved to match. It might be easier that way.

If it needs to be simplified or modified let me know. If it's not possible, that's cool, too.
GaroldShaffer
This board is great! Mark that would be to cool. Hope it can be done. clap56.gif
Engman
Yes - curve it under the Fall Foilage. Post a Jpg so I can copy it. I will copy it into Autocad and trace over the pic then rease the pic and volia - well it sounds fast but will take a few hours. Do not worry about the costs yet - my time will be free- just gotta convince the boss man to give me time and material. BTW he is the one with the Lanbrogini Diablo (1992 - black) He replaced the clutch in it a couple of months back - cost - $14,000.

M
seanery
How large do you want the file to be?
I can do a very high res version if that will help. OOh, I think I can export a DXF. You can read those right?
Engman
A dxf Would ROCK! Espesially if you can get the sponsor logos as well!!! If not thats cool too. Otherwise the file need not exceed 100K, thats plently o' resolution to copy over.

M
seanery
if/when we get the title sponsor I will be able to have that as a dxf.

Do you want one now, well....tomorrow that is like the drawing but without the sponsor as a test?
My eyes are FUBAR tonite, so I can't do anything tonite.
Engman
Yep when you get one email it to me. Maybe, (fingers crossed) I can run a test panel this next week.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.