914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47
I now have stop, parking, back-up and turn signals
Click to view attachment
flag.gif
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
first.gif

That's one of the few things that always gets me. None of the factory wiring diagrams are clear on where those wires go.
idea.gif
Elliot Cannon
These might help. They're a little fuzzy but then so am I. laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 2 2011, 01:27 PM) *

Nope, that doesn't really help. dry.gif

You obviously never had to wire your tail-lights. Jeff's diagram is much better. biggrin.gif
914itis
agree.gif agree.gif
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 2 2011, 04:38 PM) *

You obviously never had to wire your tail-lights. Jeff's diagram is much better. biggrin.gif

JeffBowlsby
Thanks guys...glad that it was useful. The factory schematic is electrically correct but not physically helpful. Here are a couple more I use frequently:
EdwardBlume
Nice work. Everyone has needed these at one time or another. Isn't this a "classic thread"...
JeffBowlsby
Thanks Rob. These and more can be found here always:

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/TechNotebook.htm

smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 2 2011, 01:38 PM) *

Hey! I've wired many tail lights. Well twice anyway. laugh.gif
Dave_Darling
I've always dug out the multimeter to figure out which pins in the light socket go to which connections on the back of the light. If you know which bulb the socket is for (the lens colors are a good hint!) you can look at the diagram and see which wires feed that light, and work it out that way.

It takes longer, but it's a technique that can be used for lots of different lights.

Oh, the license plate light is a toughie! After I got my car back from the body shop (it was rear-ended!), the instrument light fuse would blow every time I turned on my headlights. The cause was the license plate lights being plugged in backwards.

--DD
SirAndy
That'll work. smile.gif

I had good luck with the pray-on chrome stuff too ...
popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.