Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: restoration rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
viaverde
putting back on the road a 1972 Aubergine (original color), but I am getting lot's of different advice on where to get the best rubber replacements...I definitely am looking for rubber with the metal "pinch" for the windshield and engine cover to start...any advice?
Thanks,
ViaVerde
bandjoey
THERE IS NO OTHER
Mark at 914 Rubber. Go to the vendor section.
His reproductions are exact and use rust proof insides instead of rusty metal.
Don't order via his web site since a PM to him will get better pricing (sometimes biggrin.gif ) but you'll be happy.
wingnut86
agree.gif
first.gif
luskesq
agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
Black22
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Dec 1 2011, 03:59 PM) *

THERE IS NO OTHER
Mark at 914 Rubber.

agree.gif agree.gif
mepstein
agree.gif Mark goes above and beyond to help us with our cars.
mepstein
smile.gif
Rand
http://914rubber.com/
sean_v8_914
914 rubber.com is a cult. don't drink the Koolaid, just buy the rubber, its good stuff
JawjaPorsche
If you don't use 914rubber, you will regret it. They are the best!
mikea100
+1 914rubber
Tom_T
Mikey914 on here = 914rubber = Mark W. ~ use the member vendor section to buy/order, because he often gives members better prices than the general public at 914rubber.com ......

He makes many of the rubber seals/gaskets/parts which are NLKA from the factory, uses better "rubber" (actually a synthetic in most cases, as was the case with factory OEM parts & many seals were a porous spongy "rubber" which holds moisture against the sheet metal with the expected results); and uses either stainless steel or aluminum for the metal inserts/studs/etc. so they won't rust (factory OEM used mild steel which rusts). If you have a problem with his parts, he'll take care of you.

Some factory OEM seals/gaskets/etc. are still available if you must have OEM, in which case I suggest you join PCA & use their 20% member discount, because you'll make bake your $46 membership in just a few OEM seals. They may still carry some which Mark doesn't make. AA, Automotion/PP, Pelican & others still carry them too, if you can get a better price or discount there.

I originally bought an OEM rear bumper top pad, then saw Mark's repros - which look exactly like OEM but won't ever get the dimples & bumps from the mild steel inside rusting, and I bought F & R ones from 914rubber.
warpig
Couldn't agree more. beerchug.gif Stopping there this weekend to pick stuff up. piratenanner.gif
underthetire
agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

You must be new here:)
viaverde
Thanks for all the replies...it appears to be a landslide victory for 914 Rubber...I'm sold...
Aubergine Gene / Via Verde
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.