Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog light rewiring instructions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Demick
OK. I've been promising to do this for months (maybe years). I finally wrote up the instructions for rewiring your fog lights to be able to use them anytime. It's really quite simple, but there are a bunch of variations between the different years and I wanted to make an all inclusive set of instructions. Hopefully it is all correct. smile.gif

There is a link from my webpage (click www below), or here is the direct link:

http://members.rennlist.com/demick/fogrewire.html

Demick
'74 2.0
Gint
In addition, I've had this linked on my web page for a couple of years now also FWIW. Some decent diagrams that might be of assistance.

Old Panorama article
Mark Henry
Demick is the fog light man! pray.gif

My fogs work perfect because of his help!

One other tool you will need, if you need glasses like me, is a magnifying glass! Those tiny little numbers on the switch are hard to see!
Kerrys914
This reminds me...

Anyone have a nice switch for sale smile.gif

If you do here is a mueba.gif for ya
Brad Roberts
Demick,

send me your avatar pic in its full size... I want to try and clear up the car a little.

Use:

Brad@all914.com
Jeroen
Hey Demmick,

Can we use your article for a tech article on this site?
(you'd get full credit ofcourse!)

cheers,

Jeroen
Demick
Yes of course Jeroen. That's the whole purpose in creating it - to make it available to as many 914 owners as possible.

Demick
Jeroen
Great! I'll add it to the site asap

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
I added a link to Demicks page on the "914 info" page of this site...

cheers,

Jeroen
Aaron Cox
i'd go w/ option 1a
East coaster
I've got a third twist for you........I have an original German marketed 914 and it only allows the driving lights to be used with the high beams. There isn't even a switch for them. The fog light switch only operates a funky little red light on the back of the car. I'm looking to change this, I just thought it might interest you after all the research you did on the various ways the factory wired them. Here's a pic of the funky rear light........
East coaster
Sorry....correction on my note above, I'm NOT looking to change how my lights work. I shouldn't type before coffee!
Demick
I guess I should have stated that the instructions are for USA cars only. The wiring diagrams that I have are for US cars. I don't know how cars destined for other countries may have been wired depending on regulations for that country.

Demick
'74 2.0
Jeffs9146
VA914, I have a switch! Whats it worth to ya!! cool_shades.gif

Jeff
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(Demick @ Apr 29 2003, 01:46 PM)
That's the whole purpose in creating it - to make it available to as many 914 owners as possible.

Demick

Hey Demick,

Here's a few picks I took of your adaptor light bracket I made from your drawing. You can have them if you want. Thanks for your excellent instructions. The lights look great on my car.
Joseph Mills
Here's the bracket.
Qarl
Demick:

Thanks for the instructions!

Karl
SirAndy
QUOTE(East coaster @ May 3 2003, 03:28 AM)
Here's a pic of the funky rear light........

it's a rear fog light.
standard equipment in germany if you install fog-lights.
it's like your red tail-lights, just MUCH brighter, so people can see you from behind in the fog ...

also, in germany, by law, front fog lights can only be used in conjunction with the low-beam.
that's why this is hard-wired ...

Andy
914werke
My Driving (fog?) lights have benn inop for a long while and I dug into them this weekend. Turns out I have two burnt tungston blubs mad.gif
Geoff, You metioned that there was a direct fit adapter for H3's somehwere. Have you yet gotten that set of lights you picked off me installed, and ifso what about the H3's? confused24.gif

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.