Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bullet
I was Looking at buying a new set of injectors, And i was woundering what is the differance between the injectors for a 73-74 2.0 and a 75-76 2.0 at my cost i can get the 73-74 injectors at $44 each and the 75-76 for $108. I would like to know if i can use the 73-74 injectors on my 75 2.0?
Bruce Allert
Hey Bullet, I don't know for sure but I don't see why the 73-74 wouldn't work in the 75-76. And, at that savings, WOW! Are yours green? Look at one of yours and check the numbers. I have extras (old) and I can see if the numbers arre the same. Mine are from a 74.

.........b
Bullet
Yeah I didnt see a reason why they wouldnt work. So i Bought a set of 4 for $44 a peice and was waiting to see if the was a reason to not install them. My originals are a Dark green. and the New ones are a dark green but just a little lighter then the originals.

The part # for the new injectors are ( 0 280 150 019 ) that is a Bosch #.

and the part # for the injectors that where $108 was the same but there was an A at the end of the #.
Im sitting here with the new injectors Anxiously wanting to install them now. Is there any reason that they would not work?
lapuwali
Measure the resistance between the two pins in the injector connector. If they measure below 5 ohms, they're low impedance and will be fried if put into an injection system that expects high impendance injectors. I can't remember off the top of my head which the '75-on injection system uses. If you put high impedance injectors in a low impedance setup, they won't fry, but they won't work, either.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Bullet @ Aug 13 2004, 06:47 PM)

The part # for the new injectors are ( 0 280 150 019 ) that is a Bosch #.

Yup, that's the same # my 74 injectors have along with a VW # of 039 906 031.

Have you traced all the wiring of the FI from the ECU to the various connections via an ohm meter?
Here's a list of the contacts from the ECU to the various wire ends. The connection into the ECU has a small area beside each wire terminal big enough to write a small number... I counted down and numbered each terminal. This helped to follow which end was which & kept me from getting it mixed up.

1. Temp Sensor I
2. Not used
3. #1 Injector
4. #4 Injector
5. #2 Injector
6. #3 Injector
7. Pressure sensor, primary winding
8. Pressure sensor, secondary winding
9. Throttle switch (full load signal)
10. Pressure sensor, secondary winding
11. Ground, engine
12. Trigger points, common
13. Temp sensor I
14. Not used
15. Pressure sensor, primary winding
16. 12V power (from relay board)
17. Throttle switch
18. Starter motor (terminal 50)
19. Fuel pump relay
20. Throttle switch
21. Trigger points
22. Trigger points
23. Temp sensor II
24. 12V power

.......b
Ray Warren
QUOTE(Bullet @ Aug 13 2004, 07:29 PM)
I was Looking at buying a new set of injectors, And i was woundering what is the differance between the injectors for a 73-74 2.0 and a 75-76 2.0 at my cost i can get the 73-74 injectors at $44 each and the 75-76 for $108. I would like to know if i can use the 73-74 injectors on my 75 2.0?

Where did you buy these $44.00 injectors?
Bullet
QUOTE(914ray @ Aug 14 2004, 05:21 PM)
QUOTE(Bullet @ Aug 13 2004, 07:29 PM)
I was Looking at buying a new set of injectors,  And i was woundering what is the differance between the injectors for a 73-74 2.0 and a 75-76 2.0  at my cost i can get the 73-74 injectors at $44 each and the 75-76 for $108.  I would like to know if i can use the 73-74 injectors on my 75 2.0?

Where did you buy these $44.00 injectors?

I work at the Portland area Porsche Dealership, so i get a really good discount.
Mark Henry
Group buy????!!!!

I'll take a set at that price!!!!!
Ray Warren
Probably would not be a good idea for Bullet to be buying
several sets of 4 injectors at cost from his employer
and re selling them to board members ( kind of like biting the hand that feeds you).

I am a parts manager for a Freightliner truck dealership and if I cought any of my guy's doing this it would be cause for immediate dismissal.

Too bad , it's a hell of a price.
Bullet
you hit it right on the nose, Ray. I wish that i could offer that to other people.
Bruce Allert
So Bullet, have ya done anymore sleuthing as to what's screwing up the teener?

........b
JeffBowlsby
I would like to know if i can use the 73-74 injectors on my 75 2.0?

I wouldn't.

Use the correct part.

You gotta figgur that Bosch and Porsche knew what they were doing and they would not have created and required a different part if one they had already was sufficient.

There has got to be some difference...open time, flow rate, activation voltage...sumthin'....
Bullet
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Aug 14 2004, 09:47 PM)
So Bullet, have ya done anymore sleuthing as to what's screwing up the teener?

........b

I had the MPS re-calirated. And replaced the injectors, and set the timing more advance then specs and it runs like a dream. I will figure out the exact timing that i have tomorrow and let you know, I have been just tweeking the distributer untill it gets beter. I just hope i can pass the emision testing up here.

And with the Injector differances all that we could find with all of our factory shop manuels was that there was a change in 75 the decressed the floe rate of the injectors and altered the pintle size for beter emmisions. But the 2 options still use the same ECU. All i can say for a fact is the the car runs 1000 times beter now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.