Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this a real LE?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
74 Creamsicle
Porsche Rescue
I'm not expert enough to tell if it is "real" but I don't believe the top and fresh air grill should be orange. Looks nice though. Probably should be for $10K.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Aug 13 2004, 05:58 PM)
I'm not expert enough to tell if it is "real" but I don't believe the top and fresh air grill should be orange. Looks nice though. Probably should be for $10K.

i agree... top should be white. and so should the fresh air grille. wonder if they painted the engine grill orange too icon8.gif
rhodyguy
great pricing rolleyes.gif . those should be the examples for insurance companys.

kevin
gregrobbins
The VIN # is in the range of known LE cars. The correct color on the Creamsicle is White with Phoenix Red trim, not orange. As for the price, it is all about condition. At that price it should be near perfect. cool.gif
Porsche Rescue
My car (see avatar) is factory '74 Phoenix red which sure looks orange to me. However, the creamsicle at AA looks like a different orange than mine.
JeffBowlsby
The correct color on the Creamsicle is White with Phoenix Red trim

There are plenty of creamsicles on my 914 Canam website a the link below to compare this car to to see the differences.
Cap'n Krusty
As I recall (I worked for a dealership in '74), ALL the tops were black. The SEs had the cowl grille painted the primary body color. The Mahle wheels and the valences/rockers were accent color. I don't remember whether the bumpers were plated or painted, but the pix I've seen seem to point to paint. The engine grilles were always black, IRRC. The Cap'n
JeffBowlsby
Thanks for posting this boxsterfan...

It is the 50th Creamsicle located.... cool.gif
mistro
Does anybody know any particulars about this one, ie condition, mileage, etc?
JeffBowlsby
any particulars about this one

Not me, but I did just add it to the 914 LE Registry.

It might be nice car...but I would correct its originality issues.
boxsterfan
Thanks for posting this boxsterfan...

It is the 50th Creamsicle located....  

Cool! I am a big fan of LE cars. boldblue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.