Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silly Point on Site
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeRud
I just changed my background on the site to the yellow one. It's marked as Canary Yellow, but the translation is Zitrongelb (which is lemon yellow if I remember my German correctly). Anyone else noticed this? Gustl?
Dave_Darling
Several colors were called different names in the English and German versions.

Our "Tangerine" was "Blutorange" (blood orange), for instance.

IIRC, there were also at least a couple of colors that were re-named at some point in production; I want to say that Saturn Yellow was one of those?

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 2 2011, 12:37 PM) *

I just changed my background on the site to the yellow one. It's marked as Canary Yellow, but the translation is Zitrongelb (which is lemon yellow if I remember my German correctly). Anyone else noticed this? Gustl?

My guess is the Americans didn't like the words lemon and Porsche used in the same sentence?
confused24.gif
biosurfer1
It happens to our cars going to other countries too...any guess why the Chevy Nova had terrible sales in Spanish speaking countries?smile.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Dec 2 2011, 10:03 PM) *

It happens to our cars going to other countries too...any guess why the Chevy Nova had terrible sales in Spanish speaking countries?smile.gif

Doesn't No va translate to No Go?
SirAndy
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Dec 2 2011, 09:03 PM) *
any guess why the Chevy Nova had terrible sales in Spanish speaking countries?smile.gif

Because it's not true? rolleyes.gif

http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.