Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting "914" day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
naro914
So...the other day I stop up by my mechanic John Forbes at Black Forest Racing and drove up with Huey. At the time he 'only' had 11 914's there (7 in the shop and 4 parts cars outside - I have a picture when there were 14 there). He drove his personal 914 to work. In the building next to his, a friend of ours stores his track 914. Then, one of the guys mentioned 'Brian'... "you know Brian, right?" he asked, "he restores 914's in the space next door"...uh...no, I don't know Brian. Well....in Brian's shop there are 8 914's being worked on, and 4 MORE parts cars!!!

then they showed me the 'storage' area that had all kinds of nice cars...and 2 more 914's.

So in this small little two building, multi unit complex, there were 28 914's, counting my Huey.

And between the two buildings, there's probably every 914 part you could think of....

Just an 'interesting' day....who knew Denver, NC was such a 914 mecca!
SirAndy
QUOTE(naro914 @ Dec 2 2011, 01:57 PM) *
So in this small little two building, multi unit complex, there were 28 914's, counting my Huey.

Did 'ya get the VINs for the database? biggrin.gif

rick 918-S
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 2 2011, 04:01 PM) *

agree.gif
naro914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 2 2011, 05:01 PM) *

I actually thought about that, but didn't have time, or anything to write on to get all the data.

I'll be up soon enough and most aren't going anywhere. I would rather ask the owners if they want me to post their VIN's though.
naro914
and btw, where is the database again?

Never mind, I think I found it.
But I have a question. This shows cars that are MINE. If I post 28 car VIN's, none of them are mine, but they would show up in my list. Shouldn't there be a check box of 'Do you own this car' or something like that? or is there, and I'm missing it?
SirAndy
QUOTE(naro914 @ Dec 2 2011, 02:10 PM) *

and btw, where is the database again?

Never mind, I think I found it.
But I have a question. This shows cars that are MINE. If I post 28 car VIN's, none of them are mine, but they would show up in my list. Shouldn't there be a check box of 'Do you own this car' or something like that? or is there, and I'm missing it?

It's there but you can't see it. biggrin.gif
Only VIN admins can. If you add VINs they always show as "yours". Simply send me a PM with the list of VINs and i'll move them to "No owner" ...

And yes, whenever i see a 914 at a shop etc. i always make sure the owner is OK with it being listed here.
beerchug.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(naro914 @ Dec 2 2011, 04:57 PM) *

So...the other day I stop up by my mechanic John Forbes at Black Forest Racing and drove up with Huey. At the time he 'only' had 11 914's there (7 in the shop and 4 parts cars outside - I have a picture when there were 14 there). He drove his personal 914 to work. In the building next to his, a friend of ours stores his track 914. Then, one of the guys mentioned 'Brian'... "you know Brian, right?" he asked, "he restores 914's in the space next door"...uh...no, I don't know Brian. Well....in Brian's shop there are 8 914's being worked on, and 4 MORE parts cars!!!

then they showed me the 'storage' area that had all kinds of nice cars...and 2 more 914's.

And between the two buildings, there's probably every 914 part you could think of....

Just an 'interesting' day....who knew Denver, NC was such a 914 mecca!

Was nice meeting you at John's the other day. It was tempting to just fill up the the bed of my truck (instead of the back seat) with all those parts!

Just got back with my new acquisition...I'll post pictures tomorrow!
Lou W
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif also make sure that M.S. is in the picture too laugh.gif

It was in reference to another thread, about posting a picture of Michael Schumaker who happened to be there, but they didn't get a picture..... just in case he was there..... corny joke :-) it would be cool to see some pictures of the cars at the shop. :-)
naro914
Huh? M.S.?
JRust
I've talked with John & sold him a LE Creamsicle. It did have a grasshopper look sort of. I bet it was there. I also hooked him up with another Bumblebee I know he picked up. I hope to get out to see him & his shop someday smile.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(JRust @ Dec 3 2011, 01:11 AM) *

I've talked with John & sold him a LE Creamsicle. It did have a grasshopper look sort of. I bet it was there. I also hooked him up with another Bumblebee I know he picked up. I hope to get out to see him & his shop someday smile.gif

There was a Creamsicle there....don't remember seeing a Bumblebee.

I picked up 8 914 Fuchs....he had more!
naro914
Oh, forgot about the bumblebee that's in the trailer.its a resto project, but no rust, so it sleeps inside until he can get to it.

Brian has a bumblebee in his shop, and I know of two others and a couple creamcicles around here.

Good to meet you too Bill. How'd the new acquisition work out?
billh1963
QUOTE(naro914 @ Dec 3 2011, 03:51 PM) *

Oh, forgot about the bumblebee that's in the trailer.its a resto project, but no rust, so it sleeps inside until he can get to it.

Brian has a bumblebee in his shop, and I know of two others and a couple creamcicles around here.

Good to meet you too Bill. How'd the new acquisition work out?

Was good....picked up the car yesterday morning in Dothan, AL....was home 8 hours later. I posted a question about the clutch and posted a picture.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.