Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: Comptuter help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TimT
How do I get my favorites from Internet explorer to Mozilla?

I have 2 OS on one box, IE and all my favorites are on a windows 98 os

Mozilla Firefox is on a Win XP os

where are the favorites hidden on IE?
Gint
Varies slightly depending on the OS. Do a search for favorites on each of the drives that contain the OS you want the favorites list from. It's just another folder. Pretty easy to spot.

For example, on my old NT install: c:\winnt\Profiles\mike\Favorites

On W2K: e:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Favorites

I used the import function when I loaded Firefox the first time. It should be very similar in Mozilla. Firefox looks soething like this: File menu -> Import -> The rest should be easy enough to figure out.
TimT
Done biggrin.gif monkeydance.gif
opera guy
nice to see some ppl using Moz. (or anything but IE for that matter)

how anyone can live without tabbed browsing, among other great Moz features, is beyond me confused24.gif barf.gif
TimT
Actually Im getting rid of Win 98 and installing Linux as a second OS..Ill keep Win XP because I use alot of apps that dont have Linux alternatives ( Autocad, FEA progs, Haltech and Wintec EMS, etc)

Ill install Linux later on still cleaning up and sorting all the crap I had in Win 98
sgomes
I don't want to turn this into a big IE vs Mozilla thread buuuutt...

I'm desparate to use ANYTHING but IE. IE is insecure and just awful buuuuttt...

I tried Mozilla. It's a nice start but wow is it far from ready for prime time. Well over half of the sites I visit regularly (including THIS one) don't display or work well. For example the home page here doesn't display (it's been discussed in another thread here), also the "unread posts" marks don't disapear after I read them.

I play flash games quite a bit and only 1 or 2 out of ten will load.

IE maybe from an evil company and is full of holes but for the most part it works. I hope Mozilla improves soon but I can't recommend it to anyone yet.
Pnambic
I had to hit the reload button a few times to get Firefox to take a completely new look at the main page here after Jeroen patched a week or so ago. I think it should be working fine now though.

Also, you have to work just a little harder to get the plugins to get flash and other items installed in Firefox, but if you've ever had someone take advantage of a MS security flaw to criple your system, these extra steps are small prices to pay for the peace of mind its gives you.

Until that happens to them though, I doubt most people will find it worth their while to seriously look at an alternative browser. confused24.gif
krk
fwiw, I use mozilla. Have for years. I like the control it gives me, and I like the generally solid security it provides. (forget popup's, etc)

It is certainly possible to run into web sites that are IE centric. It's not been a big issue for me, but I'm not a heavy user of the various plugins/etc that are needed for some sites.

kim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.