Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheel adapters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stephane
Anyone out there using wheel adapters? Any problems?
Just looking for a cheap way of putting new wheels on!

thanks driving.gif
d914
ran them on a track car no problems.
Stephane
Do you have Gt flairs? What size wheel are you using?
What offset?

thanks
d914
have gt flares.

Have run new offset et52 (i think) with 35' spacers up front and 54mm in back. ran 16x7 and 16x9 rims.

now I run old offset with et11 in back and 23 up front.
I run a 21mm spacer up front for more track and to get rid of tire rub on the bigger tires. Out back nothing or 12mm-15mm to fit bigger tires.

I had a set of 17x8.5 on the back and 17x7 upfront and ran 35mm spacers all the way around.
d914
and by the way I have lots of wheels!!!! good prices..

self advertising...
SirAndy
QUOTE(d914 @ Aug 14 2004, 08:21 AM)
ran them on a track car no problems.

are we talking spacers or adapters? i thought 4lug -> 5lug adapters were illegal in all of the race classes ...

judging from his comment about being able to run different wheels, he means adapters, not spacers, right?

wink.gif Andy
Stephane
Yes I mean 4lug -> 5lug adapters . What's everyone's
thoughts on using these?

Stephane
Cap'n Krusty
An accident waiting to happen. I won't put them on cars, won't work on cars with them here in the shop (except to remove them and toss 'em in the trash!), and won't even road test one. That a strong enough opinion for you? The Cap'n
Stephane
I was expecting that biggrin.gif

Stephane
d914
No I'm 5 lug and talking spacers not 4 to 5 lug conversion.
Aaron Cox
what about 5 lug to 5 lug adapters? more track without longer studs and spacers? same deal?
d914
for DE's thats what I used to run,,,, had no issues but I don't know bout general acceptance. They looked pretty solid to me. Now I went to longer studs and minimum spacer use. The test tires I using requires some. The normal tires will only require a little up front.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.