Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Frankensteen getting ready for Ventura Autofest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
For those that have not followed the continuing saga of "Frank"....it is a 911 2.2 powered Outlaw that was built with the premise of tweaking the shorts of the Q tip crowd......

Last year it showed up with RED 993 wheels and a Type IV (914) motor and custom cooling.....we did burnouts in the lot, drove around and waved at the 356 guys....since it was HOT we duct taped a red an black PORSCHE logo umbrella to the roll bar so as not to get sunburned or to warm our beer....the trans made back home...barely....needed a new Ring and Pinion.....crap....

Since last year....it now has 16x7 and 8 inch Fuchs with 225 and 245 tires and the afore mentioned 2.2/6 with dry sump.......all of which the 356 registry told me was impossible to do.

We have done "some" rustoration" and installed a tube frame and tied the rear engine mount into that frame.....

See it and weep.....
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
seanery
Dude, those look like the wheels off your cab?
Levi
beer.gif beer.gif
Your just trying to piss them off aren't you .. clap56.gif
lol2.gif lol2.gif
"ILIKEIT"
beerchug.gif
Joe Bob
Yeah,,,the cab went with red wheels this year.........
krk
Mike,

Thx for posting the pics -- I was wondering how the transplant went. (I'm on the road enough these days that I just assume I miss a lot of stuff)

I like the polished fuchs against the black -- classic look -- and the Hi^Hystorical license plate is a very nice touch laugh.gif.

It's definitely cool to show off engineering that "can't be done" -- heh.

Enjoy the show!!!!

kim.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(krk @ Aug 14 2004, 01:55 PM)

it's a cute car - and quite an accomplishment.
it has, however, been done before, as was mentioned on the 356Registry List when the subject came up. a guy in the Sierra Nevada Region has a Jim Rinker ("RinkerToys") B Cab with a beautiful 2,0 6 conversion. i believe that conversion was done with a 911 rear suspension...
Howard
Words fail me. biggrin.gif
Ferdi is looking down at that and Moby Dick................
VegasRacer
The windshield looks great. sawzall-smiley.gif

I did like the red wheels better.
Joe Bob
Gotta upgrade the bang......red WAS in the in color.....now it's urban purple...the fact that this POS even runs scares me....
Joe Bob
Some little penis said the stainless steel high dollar muffler that I STOLE from some tail dragger cause hedidn't know what he had belonged on a BUS......DAMN, my knuckles HURT.....
Jeroen
It gets more and more fucked up as time passes...

I like it biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Aug 14 2004, 02:48 PM)
QUOTE(krk @ Aug 14 2004, 01:55 PM)

it's a cute car - and quite an accomplishment.
it has, however, been done before, as was mentioned on the 356Registry List when the subject came up. a guy in the Sierra Nevada Region has a Jim Rinker ("RinkerToys") B Cab with a beautiful 2,0 6 conversion. i believe that conversion was done with a 911 rear suspension...

Which required moving the torsion tube and welding this and that.....all "I" did was wield a sawzal and a torch....it fits if ya kick it in the ass a bit....plus Frank is ANYTHING but beautiful.....
rhodyguy
i'm saddened the 914 emblem has been removed.

kevin
blabla914
Mike,

That is a hysterical vehicle for sure. A lot of work too.

I notice you are running the Holley fuel pressure regulator. I am too. I curious to know why you have one side plugged and then you are running a separate distribution block instead of using both sides of the regulator.

Is this the easiest way to accomodate your gauge or did you find a difference in fuel pressure between the two outets on the pressure regulator?

Have fun at the show.

Kelly
JeffBowlsby
The car is too serious looking...its almost convincing.

It needs a high rear wing, low front air dam and a paint scheme to make it look like a cow (splotches) or a stripe to make it look like an oreo cookie. drooley.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 14 2004, 11:06 PM)
i'm saddened the 914 emblem has been removed.

kevin

Yeah I miss it too.....that emblem and the engine really twanged them last year.....

Took it out for a shake down cruise...the 28mm rear torsion bars help a lot. Need to index the passenger side up a bit more. When it was on the rack, I thought the driver side was going to on the high side and the apssenger right on...didn't work that way........

ANywhow, the tube frame and tying it into the rear engine mount was a goood idea.....the roofless rusto body is holding up and the doors still open. I was afraid it was going to fold up on me.....
Gint
Man that's fuglee... clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.