Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 50/50 Drawing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
seanery
asd
Pnambic
I like it, but maybe offer a better deal to the guys that make it to the gathering too.

Online: 1 ticket for $1
Onsite: 6 tickets for $5

That way, we'll probably be able to sell more tickets which means more money for charity, but we can also reward those that come to the gathering too.
seanery
how bout:
$2.50 each online
$2.00 each onsite
Engman
Ok but maybe it should be $3 online. I say this beacause there will be paypal fees and mailing involved. Any extra collected goes to charity.

M
GaroldShaffer
OK, so $3 on line & $2 each on site. How about 3 for $5 on site?
seanery
how 'bout 6 for 10 wink.gif
Doug Leggins
Any "legal" issue with selling tickets on line? I dunno, just asking.

I like the 50/50 drawing idea.
GaroldShaffer
I was talking with my Mom about the event and she made a comment that since this club is so willing to support each other ie Korijo, sending care packages to the troops and such that why don't we offer for a on line donation of X people will receive a shirt or someting else.

I already had one person register knowing that he won't make it but he wanted a shirt and a chance at a door prize.

What do you guys think? I don't have a problem keeping track of this or sending shirts & prizes out, I work from home biggrin.gif Just trying to make more $$ for our charity.
seanery
Personally, I like the door prizes to go to those who attend.

T-Shirt sales make sense.
Engman
Door prize = attendance. There should be incentive to attend. I mean besides the beer.

M
seanery
Doug,
there could be a legal consideration selling them online. That is/should be a concern.
GaroldShaffer
I agree, I was just trying to get some discussion started. Felt like we have lost a little steam. I like Sean's idea of selling shirts to those not attending, but for what price?
seanery
I still don't have a solid price on the shirts yet. The original quote came in for $13 each ohmy.gif
I'm working on getting it down to the $9 range (which will still be over budget). If we can get them for $9 and sell them for $18 I think that is fair for a long sleeve T-Shirt. $17 for those attending.
GaroldShaffer
works for me.
Engman
Originally I liked the idea of online 50/50. I am changing my vote. Too much possibitlity of somone feeling they got took. All it would take would be one. Lets do it on site only. We can ask for donations online. Dunnow if we will get any but it is worth a try.

Looks like Sean has the shirts well in hand.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.