Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Practice Run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
seanery
I think we need a practice run for both the Poker Run and the Twisty Road Tour.
Actually, we'll need to tweek the TRT a bit. We need to find a stop for a potty break.

Who's ever interested say here. I know Doug is travelling this weekend, so after he gets back let's pick a date and time and do it (whoever wants to that is). You don't have to do this, I just want to make the offer in case you all do.
Engman
Ok - I will try to be there. Maybe meet for lunch?
GaroldShaffer
I would like to but my weekends are book for this month.
I'll leave this one up to you guys, I trust ya wink.gif driving.gif slap.gif
Pnambic
Like Garold, I'm pretty booked. And its looking less and less likely that I'll have the silver 914 running in time. Sean, Garold, what do you know about putting webers back together? Got a book on that I could borrow? I think all I need to do is put the webers back together, manufacture a crossbar linkage for them, plug it all together and turn the key. I just can't get the help I need. (My father in law has had a lot on his plate....not really his fault sad.gif )
seanery
I don't have a book. I bet if you posted you needed one, someone would let you borrow one.

OOOHH, there may be a weber thingy in the downloads section.

Get the CB crossbar, it's pretty nice.
Doug Leggins
I am available most weekends except 10/2, 10/3. Also available late afternoon early evening if that works.

Dan - what do you need to get your car ready?
Pnambic
I think I have all the pieces to get the silver one running. I've just never rebuilt carbs before. I don't have an official cross bar, but I have parts that I can use to make one. Good enough to get it running and then I can get a better one later. Anyone got a pair of weber carbs I could borrow for a week or so for the FFC? (I need a pan-handling smilie here)

Hmm...I wonder if I need to weld up that hole on the passenger side long first....its probably not even 4 inches square... confused24.gif prolly not, but definitely on the gotta-do-soon list.
seanery
I've got a welder now. welder.gif
Pnambic
but do you know how to use it? wink.gif

You think I could drive this safely, temporarily?
I may take you up on the welding, if that was an offer.... smile.gif
seanery
nice foam!

if you had it cut out with new metal I could weld it for you. (I think) laugh.gif
Engman
Do a little more exploring in there before you drive it. Right now, you cannot tell how far the rust extends. Shoot some pics after you clean it up some. That will tell how bad it is and if you can drive it that far.

M
Doug Leggins
Anyone got a pair of weber carbs I could borrow for a week or so for the FFC?

I just might. I'll check into it. If it works out they might be Dellortos instead of Webers.

From the pics so far the rust/foam area looks strong enough but you should take a good look in the area to see if it is solid around the jack post area or if there is more foam. Foam - that's crazy!!!

Also check the right rear suspension console area to confirm that it is strong enough. Hopefully there is no foam in that area!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.