Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: web page
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
seanery
I'm fumbling through a web page.
It's located here:

FFC Web Page

I appreciate any comments.
It's very bare right now, but will put more up tonite.
GaroldShaffer
Your right, it does suck wink.gif

Set up looks good. smilie_pokal.gif
seanery
at least the buttons work!
Pnambic
I can help with the webpage. I'm generally considered pretty competent with that stuff.
type.gif
When I get the time, I'll make it so the buttons really work. (make em look like they move when you click them) wink.gif

I made these active buttons for Jeroen to use with the purple version of the 914club, but I don't think he was able to get the script to play nicely with the bbs script.

I also converted the main welcome screen from using tables to using CSS entirely, making it much easier to read the source file to make updates and such. It also makes it smaller, which means its quicker to load and takes up less bandwidth. And bandwidth= $$$. Compare my source here to the source on the main page and see which one you like better. smile.gif Jeroen is looking into CSS to see if he can use it more freely throughout the website.
seanery
Do you want my FTP access info?
I feel safe giving it to you.
seanery
What about the verbage?
Any mistakes, problems, dumb things?

I think I need to add a small blurb about:
* swap stuff at the lunch & show-n-shine
* The City of Columbus
* Pics of the hotel (I have) and maybe some verbage about the hotel itself (It was the old City Hall building, yada yada yada)

Should we go live with it as-is, or wait til Dan works his magic?
GaroldShaffer
Very nice. I say lets get this baby rolling. How long would it take Dan to do his stuff? I want to get this info to my PCA & SCCA regions so they can get them in their Sept & oct newsletters and websites.

Also I plan on asking my SCCA region to be a sponsor driving.gif They would LOVE to do a 914 event with us here in Portage.
Pnambic
You can PM the info to me. I'm in NC right now, and will be till Friday. But its a travelling trip, which means I'm in a new hotel every night. Lotsa driving; not so much free time. Then next Monday thru Wednesday, I'll be in Chicago.

Throw me color ideas, layout ideas, features, etc and I'll see it gets done(if I know how smile.gif ).

type.gif
seanery
I asked Jeroen to change the MWC links to ours. He showed me a new section he is working on that will include the Classic events. He's gonna copy the text into his format. I don't know when it will be done, but the boring page can serve until then.
seanery
Check this out!

Jeroen's updated webpage

He's asked me not to post it to the masses yet, but I thought you guys might like to check it out.
GaroldShaffer
Nice, very nice
seanery
Our region of the PCA is adding a link to the event!
GaroldShaffer
cool, would they want to be a sponsor?? Doesn't hurt to ask.
seanery
we were discussing $ last night. We're running out of our yearly allotment right now.
GaroldShaffer
How hard would it be to add a link to each sponsors website if they have one, under the sponsor section of the FFC website? Was a suggestion I received from a possible sponsor......
seanery
very easy, and should be done.
Doug Leggins
The web page looks great.

How about a "Who's attending" list? On main page or in the registration area?

Do we need some "Bait" lines??? i.e. - Check out the latest parts developed by 9R Parts, 914 Limited, LN Engineering, etc... for enhancing your 914. - Meet the people that produce products that improve your 914's appearance and performance.
seanery
Mueller reconfirmed a set of front bearings yesterday.

What a door prize those will be! smilie_pokal.gif
Pnambic
QUOTE(Doug Leggins @ Aug 19 2004, 11:32 AM)
The web page looks great.

How about a "Who's attending" list? On main page or in the registration area?

Do we need some "Bait" lines??? i.e. - Check out the latest parts developed by 9R Parts, 914 Limited, LN Engineering, etc... for enhancing your 914. - Meet the people that produce products that improve your 914's appearance and performance.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.