Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: does your car do this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bradtho
noticed this week that if I turn the blinker on w/o the key in that that sides turn indicators will stay on. ie: turn left blinker switch, then left front and rear turn indicators are on full time with key out.

something wrong with my switch, or do they all do this?
Mike D.
Nothing is wrong, they all do this. It is a european thing for double parking on narrow streets in the fog at night. smile.gif
flash914
It's setup that if you park on a narrow road at night you can leave just those two lights on to warn other drivers that the car is there. driving.gif
ezbngreen914
Its one of the great things about owing a car thats just a little different! Tom Bodett does this with his when he stays at a motel 6! beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Dec 4 2011, 04:44 PM) *
Nothing is wrong, they all do this. It is a european thing for double parking on narrow streets in the fog at night. smile.gif

agree.gif It's a feature, not a bug ...
bradtho
well, learn something new everyday around here, I guess.
Phoenix-MN
Well, my cars feature has a bug..... All the lights, turnsignals, emergency flashers, etc, work correctly. But, with the key off and out if I turn the left blinker on the right side lights turn on. If I turn on the right blinker the left side lights turn on. screwy.gif I was never able to figure it out wacko.gif
orange914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 4 2011, 05:28 PM) *

not a U.S. jackstand saftey feature? smile.gif
76-914
We've all done it.
Socalandy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 4 2011, 05:28 PM) *

It's a feature and from the creator of the bug biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Paul,

I think it's a wiring issue on the dash switch.
IronHillRestorations
You a funny man Eric!
johannes
It's a feature to kill your battery ...
SirAndy
QUOTE(johannes @ Dec 5 2011, 11:41 AM) *
It's a feature to kill your battery ...

Not paying attention kills a lot of things, including your battery. biggrin.gif

When used as intended it's a very useful feature. If your battery is in good shape, leaving the parking lights on over night will most certainly *not* kill your battery.

shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.