Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much is my car worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
I'm thinking of selling my race car minus engine and trans...I've already sold those....

It is:

1974 tub

It has:

full instrumentation
930 oil cooler in front
HPH/Bontempi f/g flares
f/g front and rear hoods
f/g front and rear bumpers
Sheridan deep front spoiler
Safety Devices bolt in cage
Teamtek 5 point harnesses
914-6 oil tank
Rear GT engine lid
Patrick Motorsports crossbar engine mount and/or wall mount
Rear factory swaybar
phase 9 mufflers from Smart Racing for 2.0 to 3.0 engines
Bilstein's all around
adjustable rear perches
short throw shifter
911T front suspension with brakes and rotors
944S rear vented rotors
Porterfield pads all around
Tilton brake bias valve
Corbeau Forza seats mounted on stock frame rails
Gutted stock doors
20 (yes 20!) 15x7 Cookie cutter rims with 2 sets of 23x9x15 R250 Goodyear autox
compound slicks and 2 sets of 23x9x15 R430 Goodyear track compound slicks. The
5th set of rims has new 225x50x15 yokohama avs es100's for rolling the thing.

The car's rear brake lights work...everything else has been gutted. There is no
front headlights, marker lights, heater blower motor or wiper motors...pure track only.
The car is ~2000lbs with engine....

The car stands as I had it when I pulled the motor and trans...you literally could plug and play. The only things I was thinking of pulling was the 27mm front smart bar and
the rear carbon fiber wing...

What is the group's educated opinion as to the fair market value? Should I piece her out and cut up the tub? Or sell whole?

Here's a few pics to help...

Thanks,

Bill P.
nine14cats
sds
nine14cats
sfgfd
nine14cats
ertre
nine14cats
ffgee
nine14cats
cxcvdd
nine14cats
phase 9's
Joe Bob
Worth about 1/2 of what ya got in it.... mueba.gif

Nice looking ride, make a good "starter" track car.

I got Manfred WITH a blown up engine, good trans with trailer for 3300....considered it a deal.....

Consider starting around 5k ish....
nine14cats
Thanks Mike...

Where do I advertise?

Bill P.
Joe Bob
I've sold rollers on rennlist, Pelican and here....I have sold complete cars on ebay....
Porsche Rescue
There's nothing wrong with Ebay in my opinion. I have sold 4 cars there and only one of them was to an auction winner. The other 3 did not reach reserve, however sales were negotiated later at prices very close to the reserve. The great thing about Ebay is it is national, even international, advertising for only about $44 with a dozen pictures.
My luck here, Rennlist and Pelican has not been as good, although I usually list at these first since they are free. No action, off to Ebay. My theory is that folks who frequent the BBS's already have their cars and not too many "outsiders" know to look here.
Shipping a roller will be the biggest challenge, but there are carriers out there for a price. Is Brad still looking for a car to haul east in Oct.?
Brad Roberts
Yep. 7500$ yank the sway bar. Post it everywhere. I also agree with Jim Chambers... put it on Ebay. The exposure will drum up interest and it will sell.

Worst case scenerio... part it out like the rest of us do...

B
seanery
I've gotta ask why?
Brad Roberts
Boxster... just kidding.. lol2.gif

Options.

He is doing the math.

B
J P Stein
Uh-oh........now what? I detect the makings of A PLAN.

I'd sell the spares seperately.....cheep, too. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I know a guy who might be interested.
nine14cats
JP...

You mean part it?

Or do you mean the cookies? laugh.gif I think I know that guy too!

Bill P.
Britain Smith
If you sold it...what would replace it? You go the motor and trans...are you thinking tube frame?

-Britain
Brad Roberts
He isnt thinking "out loud" Britain... besides the tube cars are not legal for PCA.

B
J P Stein
Bill: If you must sell it, sell the car as a unit.

It would seem that you're pretty close to having a good race car, tho. Whatever you replace it with should much better than what you have & require minimal ....upgrading/freshening.

At one point I was seriously thinking about buying a local 914 race car. Prolly would have taken 10K & my car (sold) to get it. It was a proven, turn key unit. The thing that stopped me was the 10K.....tho I'll prolly dump that into my car in the next couple years. confused24.gif
Trekkor
Bill, tell us why?

And, if you start parting out , you already know what I'll buy.

Trek
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.