Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holiday open house at Tangerine Racing, Sat 12/10
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
One of our customers lives in Honolulu. We have two cars here of his, both undergoing extensive modification.
The first one is nearing completion and he's coming to check it out before we prep it for shipping.
I just drove it last Thursday for the first time since it arrived more than 4 years ago.
It would be nice to have a few local nine-fourteeners stop by and say hi.

Here are a few pics I took during re-assembly.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
Wow, very cool looking build!
ChrisFoley
A more extensive set of progress pictures can be found on the CFR-Tangerine Racing Products Facebook page.
scott_in_nh
Nice work Chris - the car is gorgeous and I'm sure it flies! driving.gif
mikea100
Sweet!
Elliot Cannon
I visited Tangerine Racing a few months ago. If you end up at a tire stor, you made a wrong turn. laugh.gif It might be a bit colder now but stop by if you can. Chris is a great guy and has some neat projects going on. You might even find something you need for your car.
Cheers, Elliot
P.S. Say hi to Ed for me.
guywan914
Chris looks great... I will try to get by Sat. what time? I might even bring the car if it's not tooo cold. guy
pete-stevers
Super cool stuff Chris!!
rick 918-S
Cool! Be sure to post pics!
Lou W
Very very Nice smile.gif
hot_shoe914
I was thinking of going to Evil's but I doubt I'd have time to make it all the way to your place too. sad.gif
bcheney
Chris...at first glance I didn't notice the significance of the build...A Steel Roof! You're doing top notch work. Thanks for letting us see this one on your Facebook. The Islands will never be the same once this beast hits their roads.
ChrisFoley
This customer had us fabricate a 916 repro roof on both of his cars. A lot of challenges to make it "just like factory".
The second car has our flares instead of the GT style. The body is primered with no body work done yet. The Megasquirt injected 2270 is installed and should be running by Friday.

We'll have some other interesting work on display as well, including an IMSA GTU restoration in progress.

I think we'll start gathering at the shop around noon, and see where it goes from there. Refreshments will be served. smile.gif
scott_in_nh
It looks like I'm going to come down with the 914.

With Chris' permission I am looking for somebody going who would consider doing a quick pit stop and let me try their tires and rims.

I have a vibe that comes and goes at highway speeds and this seems like the quickest way to determine if I have a rim/tire issue or a suspension/steering related issue.

Thanks and see you there! bye1.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Dec 7 2011, 02:49 PM) *

With Chris' permission I am looking for somebody going who would consider doing a quick pit stop and let me try their tires and rims.

I have a vibe that comes and goes at highway speeds and this seems like the quickest way to determine if I have a rim/tire issue or a suspension/steering related issue.

The lift may not be available but I have a couple floor jacks, and tools.
I'd say you can try the wheels/tires off my white car but I have a high speed vibration too.
Its nothing compared to the shaking I would get in my race car when the tires were cold and covered with pickup from the previous session's cool-down lap.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Dec 8 2011, 10:02 AM) *

QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Dec 7 2011, 02:49 PM) *

The lift may not be available but I have a couple floor jacks, and tools.
I'd say you can try the wheels/tires off my white car but I have a high speed vibration too.
Its nothing compared to the shaking I would get in my race car when the tires were cold and covered with pickup from the previous session's cool-down lap.

Rubber pick up on a stiff race car is enough to blur your vision!
Mine is nothing like that, more of an annoyance.
That said it is currently the number one drivability issue I have so it would be nice to get to the root cause and fix it by spring.
I'll purchase a pair of front sway bar mounts if you have them in stock along with 2 quarts of BP 10w-30...
AndyB
I am officially in. Snow is for tomorrow only. I am not putting my car on stands Chris/Scott. Scott you need to come up with a solid plan that doesnt include jackstands to borrow Scarlets sneakers
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ Dec 8 2011, 07:39 PM) *

I am officially in. Snow is for tomorrow only. I am not putting my car on stands Chris/Scott. Scott you need to come up with a solid plan that doesnt include jackstands to borrow Scarlets sneakers

Andy I'm glad the weather is going to cooperate.
Since the lift is occupied - can't we just swap tires, one side at a time with two jacks?
Don't do it if you aren't comfortable - I won't be offended.
AndyB
Update on weather: More snow scheduled for tonight and tomorrow. dry.gif But Iam going to show up in the teener. Scott no worries the sneakers will be present for you to try out.
ChrisFoley
We had a pretty good turnout considering the short notice. I counted 15 including the staff of TRP.

Prize for travelling the farthest goes to Wayne, all the way from Honolulu.
Prize for driving the farthest goes to Andy (Scarlet75, as usual) laugh.gif

Unfortunately I don't think anyone thought to take pictures while the guest of honor was here.
I was too preoccupied going over details of the two cars with Wayne.
After he left I remembered to ask my wife to snap a few.
The group was starting to thin out by then though.

Click to view attachment

The chassis behind Genaro's son is something special. Look for a story on this in the near future. (I'll give you a clue - the last four digits of the VIN are 0090.)
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
The shop looks a little cleaner than when I was there. av-943.gif
JmuRiz
I guess the front oil cooler gets enough flow while keeping the full bumper? Any details?

I'd love to have a front cooler but don't want to give up trunk space...or cut up a bumper.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 13 2011, 02:20 PM) *

The shop looks a little cleaner than when I was there. av-943.gif

I guess some people rate better than others. happy11.gif
saigon71
Sweet build and awesome shop! beerchug.gif

ChrisFoley
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Dec 13 2011, 02:41 PM) *

I guess the front oil cooler gets enough flow while keeping the full bumper? Any details?

I'd love to have a front cooler but don't want to give up trunk space...or cut up a bumper.

I don't have any data on the effectiveness of this setup.
I guess we could have modded the bumper and had it re-chromed. $$$
However, the climate where its going isn't going to be too hard on the oil temps anyhow.

We've used Setrab dual fan pack coolers under the trunk with good results on other installations.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.