Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Chris Campbell
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RustyWa
Your www.nosubstitute.org website seems to be down....for a while now actually.

(I was looking for some photos of your old Ravenna car)
campbellcj
I've been in ISP hell for the last few days...

Our ISP fighting19.gif was bought-out as of 4/1. They promised "no changes...biz as usual". bs.gif Yeah right, I cringed as soon as I read that.

Saturday our DNS mysteriously stopped responding. We could get out to the 'net, but nobody could get in. Of COURSE their netops people blamed it on us (we host all the services ourselves; they're just the pipe). So I spend umpteen hours chasing my tail and checking and reconfiguring all kinds of crap. confused24.gif Finally moved backup DNS to a completely separate box today...still no dice. devil.gif

Come to find out that two of our 13 IP's are experiencing some nasty routing problems and are unreachable from the outside world. Just so happens that they are the 2 IP's our DNS servers sit on. Heads will need to roll over this...we have lost hundreds of emails and web visits. :finger2:

Sorry for the rant. Some zit-ridden router-jockey kid's little f-up ruined my last few days. I was in a BAD mood all day today...now the margarita is kicking in though. beer.gif
RustyWa
Oh yes... I know what you're going through. I dread making the calls to have some nitpicky thing fixed. No matter what....you know something major is always going to get screwed up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.