Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom Intake 3.0L FI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
I have finaly been driving my car and needed to finish the details of the intake, so Lennie and I have been learning to powder coat over the last few months!

Here is one of out first few attempts with our new oven and the research has paid off!

We are now looking at how to powder coat other materials.
Krieger
Very nice looking part! I heard yellow is faster. How does it smell in your house?
Jeffs9146
LOL no we (Lennie & I, mostly Lennie) built an oven out of an old incubator oven and we used it in the garage! piratenanner.gif
McMark
Looks good! I can't find the picture of my oven, but I built it for about $50 and it's still going strong.

You're going to be PCing everything now, and loving it.
Jeffs9146
beerchug.gif Thats about what we spent..not counting time but free oven and $23 incubator = larger oven plus a few things! I am not sure what Lennie paid for the
gun but it works great!
Jeffs9146
Installed and running!

Just adding the powder coat gave a better seal for the intake so now I have no leaks and it idles great at 900 rpm's! piratenanner.gif
JmuRiz
Very cool, what'd you use for the throttle body and fuel meter again? Just looking for other ideas for the CIS 2.7.
Jeffs9146
I used an early volvo 242 injection intake box with the 3.0L Porsche FI fuel regulator that came on the motor! I was able to fab up a bracket that holds the fuel regulator and the 242 box is pivoted sideways with a K&N air cleaner!

With the 2.7 would be even easier because the injector lines are flexable not steal so there would be very minimal bending of the fuel lines! I removed all of the unnessasary smog stuff and you could remove them on the 2.7 also!

The throttle body is the stock body that I cut out of the factory airbox leaving the intake runners, popoff valve and throttle intake attached and removing the air filter housing and the fuel regulator mounts!

I had to purchase another intake boot so I could cut them in half leaving extra rubber on both the small side and the large side so I could clamp them nice and tight!

Air leaks are your enemy!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.