Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: porsche 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hrpkustoms
hello everyone my name is steve and my ? is has anyone gone from the l jetronic to carb was thinking dual webber 44s or a single webber..
ConeDodger
QUOTE(hrpkustoms @ Dec 6 2011, 07:32 AM) *

hello everyone my name is steve and my ? is has anyone gone from the l jetronic to carb was thinking dual webber 44s or a single webber..

I think it may have been done... blink.gif
KELTY360
welcome.png

Try the search feature. You'll find piles and piles and piles of information, plus many divergent points of view. Happy reading! biggrin.gif

popcorn[1].gif
ConeDodger
Seriously, welcome.png on the tool bar at the above right there is a function called "search." If you try searching for carbs from fuel injection or some derivative of that, you should find a bunch of information.

People give up on their stock fuel injection all the time and I would guess that 30% of all 914's left on the road have had their EFI removed.

Do not however, go down the single carb road... barf.gif
914werke
NOoooooooooooo chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif

Oh & welcome.png
Jeffs9146
If you do go with the single carb I have a setup available for $150 including the intake runners!
sww914
44's are for big engines, single Webers are for Ford Pintos.
The most you can run are 40's.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Single Carb, NO and NO , Oh yes did I say NO, again NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome.png

If you must ditch the Excellent running( thats why they built it that way) F.I.

go with 40's ,and the H.P. losse. Been there do that . Dave slap.gif
zymurgist
From what I've seen here, you're better off fixing the FI system if you have a stock engine with a stock cam. Carbs (note the plural) are at their best when matched with an appropriate cam. Single carb is prone to fuel pooling in the long runners and is generally considered a last resort.

Oh, and welcome.png
slimeygecko
Welcome! I'm kinda new myself smile.gif

If you decide to switch to carbs, let me know. I currently have carbs and am using my 914 as a DD... that setup with the frigid air up here in Idaho doesn't go so well. It takes me three or four times to start the engine and keep it going... thats after tinkering with the timing and dwell multiple times.

welcome.png
mrholland2

welcome.png I have put a single progressive two barrel on my 914 and probably shouldn't have. However, I have a plan to make it work beyond the wildest assumptions of all in 914 World screwy.gif

jim_hoyland
Once an L-Jet is sorted out, it's very reliable and requires little or no adjustments to keep it running. Having said that, there are a number of things that have to be working, all of which have been covered in previous threads. Carbs are sexy, Einspritzung is plain Jane.
johannes

Me have trouble understand what you write because me use to see dots at the end of each sentence and not group them at the end of the paragraph but me not american so maybe that is the reason me have trouble reading you...

Bienvenue à 914world

welcome.png

The french guy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.