my house
Qarl
ding ding ding... like dominoes...
Qarl
Really strong fence!
Qarl
Yes... Mom is okay.
URY914
So do you get up on that tower and look for 914s?

Trees are easy to fix. New ones are growing all the time.

Paul
Qarl
Do do you get up on that tower and look for 914s?

No... that's where I receive my communication signals from the mothership....

pray.gif
URY914
Oh....I won't tell anyone.

P
Gint
Just glad everyone is OK.

Tell Mom we said "Hi!"
iamchappy
Whoa,

It looks like you could just stand the trees back up.

Qarl your mom's house looks like a war zone.

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Pnambic
I have a great uncle that lives in Punta Gorda. No word so far....but with the phone lines down and power out, we're not too worried....yet. He's just the type that would have stayed too. sad.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Qarl @ Aug 15 2004, 07:09 PM)
ding ding ding... like dominoes...

Qarl, looks like yer house is built to withstand a whole lot more wind than Charlie could blow. As for dem trees... stand'm up, stake'm & water da shit outta'm. I had a few that were 7 years old & a wind gust came thru... looked just like that. Still got'm & their doin' jes' fine!

Glad to hear y'all are OK beer.gif

...........b
maf914
Qarl, I'm glad everyone is okay. That is a major tree on your mother's house! Did it do much damage?

Did you just plant the row of downed trees at your place?
Qarl
For my Mom's place, there is significant roof and truss damage. The stone chimney helped disperse the blow.

The tree has been removed and temp patches put in place. There is significant water damage inside due to the rain, however.

For my house, the trees are new, it's a matter of finding a tree service to upright them soon before they die. Tree people are a bit in demand right now, as you can imagine.

Otherwise, my business is fine. One of our employees lost their home completely.

Thanks for everyone's concern.

It could be worse... luckily it is just a bunch of pretty trees.
Joe Bob
We had some gnarly wind right after I planted some 12 foot Redwood trees....they went over.....hooked a come along up, cranked them straight....they are now 30 feet tall after 10 years....YES...they grow fast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.