Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB/ Steel GT Flare's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jeeperjohn56
Okay Guy's, Like the add say's looking for new steel GT flare's, let me know what you have. John
yellowporky
If you do not find a member selling flares, Restoration and Design sells the AA flares cheaper than AA
Cairo94507
If I could get a set for the group buy price I would buy them right now. Would not put 'em on the six, but do want set for another "future' car.
jeeperjohn56
Thanks Chris, I'll have to check into it. Is there anybody wanting to do another group buy on Flare's. John
mepstein
Remember, last time to get the special price, it was 40 sets.
dion9146
If I keep my car I might be looking for a set too.
BuddyV
I would do a set.
Jeffs9146
I'm in! I sold my last set with the 6 that went to Finland!

QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Dec 8 2011, 02:48 PM) *

Thanks Chris, I'll have to check into it. Is there anybody wanting to do another group buy on Flare's. John

Cairo94507
Heck that is like 5 sets right there. piratenanner.gif
jeeperjohn56
Come on guy's,lets see if we can get a group buy setup again, I know they are more conversion's being done.
NC_Colfax
Anyone remember the "group" price??
Beach914
Wasn't it $ 500- 600 or so?

I'm in too. Don't want to do GRP on mine if I can get some steel ones.
mikea100
IIRC, it was $550 +shipping. If we can get that price I'm in at least for 1 set and most likely 2 sets.

QUOTE(Beach914 @ Dec 9 2011, 06:40 PM) *

Wasn't it $ 500- 600 or so?

I'm in too. Don't want to do GRP on mine if I can get some steel ones.

mad.gif
mepstein
Talk to George
Cairo94507
Count me in for 1 set please.
carr914
I need a Set.

Like a Dummy, I sold a set when I sold the ST a couple of years ago. When I bought the car back, the Flares were not part of the Deal
jeeperjohn56
I don't remember who did the contacting for the group buy, but any help would be appreciated. John
mepstein
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Dec 11 2011, 01:35 PM) *

I don't remember who did the contacting for the group buy, but any help would be appreciated. John

I did the group buy last time. My suggestion, give George Hussey at AA a ring. Last time he had a tiered pricing plan. I ignored the lower prices and went for the 40+ price. There was a big pent up demand since it had been 2 years since the last buy and we also had a bunch of overseas orders. George was willing to do super pricing since he was out of stock and needed to make a production run of flares for AA and his other distributors. My set was free for organizing the buy but it did take a lot of time. Recently he was offering a price of $800 for 4 or 6 sets ordered. Not bad at all. Again, I would call George directly since he is the one who calls the shots on the flares. I would probably buy a set for a future build.
aturboman
I'm in for a set if you make a group buy for sure.
carr914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 11 2011, 06:28 PM) *

I did the group buy last time. My suggestion, give George Hussey at AA a ring. Last time he had a tiered pricing plan. I ignored the lower prices and went for the 40+ price. There was a big pent up demand since it had been 2 years since the last buy and we also had a bunch of overseas orders. George was willing to do super pricing since he was out of stock and needed to make a production run of flares for AA and his other distributors. My set was free for organizing the buy but it did take a lot of time. Recently he was offering a price of $800 for 4 or 6 sets ordered. Not bad at all. Again, I would call George directly since he is the one who calls the shots on the flares. I would probably buy a set for a future build.

Also give Restoration Design a Call - I'm sure they will be easier to Deal with
mepstein
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 12 2011, 03:10 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 11 2011, 06:28 PM) *

Also give Restoration Design a Call - I'm sure they will be easier to Deal with

I'm not sure that will make a difference if you want the big $ group buy. I'm pretty sure George owns the dies and initiates the order for manufacture. I like resto design a lot but I think they are just a distributor for the flares. - I could be wrong...
carr914
Yes a Dist of George's Flares but they already have a lower price
Beach914
I only count nine of us so I guess that we will probably not be approaching George on this.....
Anyone else interested please speak up. I will help organize this group buy if we get enough interest and commitment.
mepstein
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Dec 13 2011, 10:06 PM) *

I only count nine of us so I guess that we will probably not be approaching George on this.....
Anyone else interested please speak up. I will help organize this group buy if we get enough interest and commitment.

Why don't you call George now, find out what's possible with quantity, timing and pricing and then you might/will have something to offer up to the group? Once you know specifics, it's easier to get commitments from the members.

If you call during normal business hours and ask for him, they will usually put you through.

There are also a couple guys on the club site who want a group buy deal.

* Although some people grumbled, paying with a money order made out to Auto Atlanta was a safe way to handle the money(~$25K).
jeeperjohn56
If we get a good price $500- $600 I might get two sets santa_smiley.gif
Niklas
I am in for a set too.
just if they could be sent to sweden.

Niklas
clow
Well I would be in for a set sub $600. Like mepstein mentioned he got a free set for his organization.

With the interest from this thread someone might be able to get a good deal on a set of flares!

Clow
okieflyr
I'm in if the deal can go down.
BuddyV
Not sure who is thinking of taking the lead on gathering info & following up with logistics if this thing gets off the ground.

I would be willing to take the lead on this project... but I don't want to step on anyone's toes if they are already calling George and gathering options.

PM me if you are running with this currently and would rather not.

If I can get a deal for my set, great. If not, I am still willing to do the legwork. I have been on the receiving end of quite a few great deals ont his site.... time to give back.

Cheers!

Robert
aturboman
Robert sent you a PM

QUOTE(treborzerimar @ Dec 15 2011, 09:27 AM) *

Not sure who is thinking of taking the lead on gathering info & following up with logistics if this thing gets off the ground.

I would be willing to take the lead on this project... but I don't want to step on anyone's toes if they are already calling George and gathering options.

PM me if you are running with this currently and would rather not.

If I can get a deal for my set, great. If not, I am still willing to do the legwork. I have been on the receiving end of quite a few great deals ont his site.... time to give back.

Cheers!

Robert

Beach914
I was considering taking the lead on this group buy. I too have benefited from great information and deals on this site and it is time to pay it back.

It looks like we might actually get enough interest if I can lock down a reasonable price for say 40 -50 members.

I will attempt to call George this afternoon and tomorrow.

Lets see what happens.

Dave
carr914
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Dec 15 2011, 04:09 PM) *

I was considering taking the lead on this group buy. I too have benefited from great information and deals on this site and it is time to pay it back.

It looks like we might actually get enough interest if I can lock down a reasonable price for say 40 -50 members.

I will attempt to call George this afternoon and tomorrow.

Lets see what happens.

Dave

I like most of the Members on this Forum, but I think trying to get 40-50 Buyers would be a Pipe-Dream Click to view attachment
Beach914
Okay so here's the deal.

$750 per set. Minimum of 30 Buyers.

Fiberglass Flared Rockers for an extra $100.

Because of his commitments to his dealers George will not go lower with more buyers. I asked.

He will start production when we have twenty paid buyers and commitments from the remaining ten. The lead time will be about two weeks.

So guys, lets get serious and decide if we're going to do this or not.

Dave
Beach914
If most agree, I'd like to take this over to a new "Group Buy" thread now to post the requirements of participating in the buy and maintaining a tally of the participants.

Dave
jeeperjohn56
I'm in for a set and rockers.Give me details for when and how for payment. John
okieflyr
Thank you for taking the time to work this out.
I am interested in a set of flairs. But I don't have an open ended window of months, so if there is moving momentum i'll hang in. If things stall on the required head count, I may have to move on.
Beach914
QUOTE(okieflyr @ Dec 16 2011, 09:10 AM) *

Thank you for taking the time to work this out.
I am interested in a set of flairs. But I don't have an open ended window of months, so if there is moving momentum i'll hang in. If things stall on the required head count, I may have to move on.

I hear ya. I'll start a new thread. I want this to move fast also.

Dave
BuddyV
Very fair deal (thanks for doing the legwork), but I am out at this price.

Again, fair deal, but I was hoping (maybe unrealistically) for something closer to the last group buy.

Other projects of mine take priority...... but I hope the group can get enough buyers together to make it happen. I'm sure those that intended on buying a set in the near-future should jump all over a savings like this. It's basically the best price out there, right? (unless you compare it to the last group purchase... which doesn't seem like it will happen again - with good reason)

Cheers to all, and good luck!
Beach914
QUOTE(treborzerimar @ Dec 16 2011, 11:40 AM) *

Very fair deal (thanks for doing the legwork), but I am out at this price.

Again, fair deal, but I was hoping (maybe unrealistically) for something closer to the last group buy.

Other projects of mine take priority...... but I hope the group can get enough buyers together to make it happen. I'm sure those that intended on buying a set in the near-future should jump all over a savings like this. It's basically the best price out there, right? (unless you compare it to the last group purchase... which doesn't seem like it will happen again - with good reason)

Cheers to all, and good luck!

Thanks for letting me know.

20% off of the Automotion price is the best that I have seen and that comes out to $895 or so. Restoration may have them at around this price also.

Guys better start jumping in soon to let me know, like you have, if they are still in or not.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.