No - Not really. His name is Dallas.

......Pretty face smile.gif
bye1.gif
Ferg
wub.gif
zymurgist
What a cutie! wub.gif
PeeGreen 914
wub.gif Awe... cute little guy. I really want to get my kids a dog for Christmas and this isn't helping.
pt_700
very cute! yellow lab?
mepstein
Little more info- Dallas is pure yellow lab from The Seeing Eye. We are raising him for ~18 months and doing basic training and then he goes back to seeing eye for formal training and then is matched up with a blind person.

www.seeingeye.org

scotty b
last name cowboy ? first.gif
JawjaPorsche
Labs make the best dogs. My lab, Cocoa, was my best friend for many years.

Unfortunately, I lost my best friend in 2009. Our beloved 14 year old lab, Cocoa, had to be put to sleep because his hind legs stop working because of nerve or spinal damage. One thing Cocoa loved to do more than anything was swim! My twins came up for the weekend to say their final goodbye. We took Cocoa to Lake Rabun for a farewell swim. I have captured the moment in video, pictures, and music.

I think about him a lot and I really miss him.

Terry

Here is Cocoa's farewell swim video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ZVL4bu62k
Socalandy
Awsome Pup!! I wish we adopted ours a little younger but still a blast at 6 months old!!

We've had him "Rocket" for 5 weeks
Ferg
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Dec 6 2011, 04:53 PM) *

wub.gif Awe... cute little guy. I really want to get my kids a dog for Christmas and this isn't helping.

Do it! Best thing we have done for out kids, we rescued this guy a few months ago, the bond he has with children is awesome.

mepstein
No bonding going on here biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, this guy goes back after 18 months. sad.gif But it's for a good cause.

Cool thing is we put on his vest and take him everywhere. All the stores welcome him with open arms. Most states have passed laws giving the puppies in training the same rights as a working dog.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Dec 7 2011, 08:03 AM) *

Do it! Best thing we have done for out kids, we rescued this guy a few months ago, the bond he has with children is awesome.

I need to build a fence before we can sad.gif Not ready for that yet but hopefully next year. I want to get a Malamute as I grew up with Samoyeds and Malamutes. I think having a dog is a great thing for kids.
Ferg
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Dec 7 2011, 10:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Dec 7 2011, 08:03 AM) *

I need to build a fence before we can sad.gif Not ready for that yet but hopefully next year. I want to get a Malamute as I grew up with Samoyeds and Malamutes. I think having a dog is a great thing for kids.

Nanook is half Siberian Husky, actually my last dog was Half Siberian as well, great dogs, Samoyeds and Malamutes included biggrin.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 6 2011, 07:10 PM) *

Little more info- Dallas is pure yellow lab from The Seeing Eye. We are raising him for ~18 months and doing basic training and then he goes back to seeing eye for formal training and then is matched up with a blind person.

www.seeingeye.org

you are doing a great thing.
Coming from a son in law of a dog breeder...a foster parent of puppies....
I personally hate the first 18 months.

They are cute,,,,yup.
They chew, poope and piss at will.
Once you get them all trained up...at 18 months they are acting like a dog...then off they go...

Great thing to do for the world.
I applaud.

Rich
mepstein
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 7 2011, 12:40 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 6 2011, 07:10 PM) *

www.seeingeye.org

you are doing a great thing.
Coming from a son in law of a dog breeder...a foster parent of puppies....
I personally hate the first 18 months.

They are cute,,,,yup.
They chew, poope and piss at will.
Once you get them all trained up...at 18 months they are acting like a dog...then off they go...

Great thing to do for the world.
I applaud.

Rich

It was all my 13 year old daughters idea. She did the research, is the primary puppy raiser and secretary of the local club.

I just scoop the poop sad.gif

Grew up with Samoyeds. Great dogs, lots of fur!
914.SBC
I have two of those evil Labs. They are the cutest puppies but they tear everything and I MEAN EVERYTHING up. If the could chew and eat cement they would. Them lil falkers are a pain in the arse. Then they grow up and bark, piss and crap everywhere.

Oh...but I love my two pain in arse dogs.
Ferg
QUOTE(914.SBC @ Dec 7 2011, 04:38 PM) *

I have two of those evil Labs. They are the cutest puppies but they tear everything and I MEAN EVERYTHING up. If the could chew and eat cement they would. Them lil falkers are a pain in the arse. Then they grow up and bark, piss and crap everywhere.

Oh...but I love my two pain in arse dogs.

The boss's retriever actually eats the broken up asphalt on his driveway screwy.gif loveable but he makes a pigeon look smart.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.