Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone used the delrin shift coupler bushings from PP?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jasons
Pelican has some delrin shift coupler bushings. I have used the old black ones before and they are slightly sloppy. The delrins look like a nice alternative, but I can't find any legacy info on them. And, they are 4x the price so I would like some kind of endorsement before I commit.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/smart/...20%281973-76%29
r_towle
yup.

The old ones (I think) had an oval hole for the 914 and a round hole for the 911.
I used the new, black ones. delrin that have the round hole.
Much less sloppy.

Rich
Krieger
I have some unknown new red ones I bought at a swap for a buck. Any info on these? Maybe helpful for both of us Jasons.
biosurfer1
yep...installed them a couple years ago. I replaced all of the bushings at the same time and added a Rennshift so while I can't say that one single bushing made the difference, I do know that I'm VERY happy with my shifting now
John
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 7 2011, 09:36 AM) *

yup.

The old ones (I think) had an oval hole for the 914 and a round hole for the 911.
I used the new, black ones. delrin that have the round hole.
Much less sloppy.

Rich

Um, that is exactly backwards.

If we are talking about the plastic bushings in the die-cast aluminum shift coupler, the ones with the round holes were for 914s and the ones with the oval slot were for 911s. You can use the ones with the round hole for 911's and they take out some slop.

If you used the oval hole bushings in a 914, I would expect extremely poor shifting since this coupler is at the firewall before the rear rod and those bushings at the back.

just my $0.02
jasons
The black rubber ones I have used in the past were the oval ones. And, yes they are a little more sloppy than they should be. Are there black rubber ones available that have the round hole? Or are the black rubber ones 911 parts being sold for 914's?
bandjoey
yes.
Using PP's white ones and they are tight and snug. A great fit and smooth shifting after replacing all with Pp's parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.