Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SHOCKING question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Does any one know what brand of coil over I could have? The ones I have have the piston rod on the lower end with the coil, and the cylinder on the top. Thay have no marking on them but are chromed, big deal you cant see it unless you lay under the back of the car and look up. Most all the coil overs I have seen are piston rod up and coils on top. These just look wrong. confused24.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Aug 16 2004, 08:58 AM)
piston rod on the lower end with the coil, and the cylinder on the top.

that -sounds- like a Bilstein (they're famous for the inverted reservoir implementation that gas-pressure makes possible...) but i've never seen an inverted damper for a 914, and i've never seen a chromed Bilstein. if the manufacturer's name isn't on the damper body somewhere, you probably don't want it in your car ...
mike_the_man
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Ya knew it was coming, didn't ya!
spare time toys
QUOTE(mike_the_man @ Aug 16 2004, 02:21 PM)
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Ya knew it was coming, didn't ya!

Yes I know but my computer has some issues and does not like to work with me at this time. ar15.gif I should go get a new one but the kids would mess it up also mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.