Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi from Barcelona
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DonTraver
Well I left Italy after visiting Naples. Never go to Naples, dirtiest city I've ever been in and filled with crooks. You have to constantly watch your back. Rome, Pisa, and Genova aren't much better, they're just more brazen in Naples. Let me put it this way. I drove over 900 kms in one day to get out of Italy.

First stop after Italy was Nice, France and Monaco.

Anyway, I'm in Bacelona, Spain, got a hotel right on the beach, beautiful view.

After visiting Olerdola Castell I drove back roads all the way to Barcelona. Went through a lot of small villages and towns, really nice. Spain is Beautiful and clean.

Here's some pics, Monaco, Barcelona, and Olerdola Castell outside Barcelona.

Next stop is Valencia and Cartagena for Christmas. Haven't decided where to spend New Years yet.

Later, Don
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
aharder
Enjoy the crusing driving.gif
r_towle
Sounds like a great time..and the weather looks very nice.

Enjoy the next leg of the journey.

rich
malcolm2
You are not parked in a Handicap place are you.....? Shame on you.
Drums66
.......Cool P-car..try the Azores? idea.gif (HAVE FUN)
bye1.gif flag.gif shades.gif
Ferg
Awesome!

Keep an eye out for my old 73.5 T, it cruises those same shores driving.gif

DonTraver
Met the owner of the hotel I'm staying at here in Barcelona. He has 2 Porsches. Ones a early 911 Targa with a 2.4 liter engine and the other is a 993. We talked for awhile about Porsches, swapped pictures. He really liked the pictures of my 914-6 and said he's only seen 1 914 in Spain. Then he gave me a Porsche Club Barcelona Ball Cap. That was so cool.

Malcolm, you're new and know nothing about me. It also doesn't show in the picture from Monaco either, but there was a valid Disabled Plaquard from California hanging from the rear view mirror in the RSA when I took that picture and yes it's mine.

Later, Don
malcolm2
QUOTE(DonTraver @ Dec 9 2011, 01:27 PM) *

Malcolm, you're new and know nothing about me. It also doesn't show in the picture from Monaco either, but there was a valid Disabled Plaquard from California hanging from the rear view mirror in the RSA when I took that picture and yes it's mine.

Later, Don

Sorry to offend and assume.
championgt1
What wheels are on your car? They are sweet! drooley.gif
DonTraver
I got them from Tire Rack. I really like them too and they're 40 pounds lighter overall than the stock wheels. Great price too.

They're call Sport Edition Cup 4's. I copied the link, I have no idea if it will work.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseU...&sort=Brand

Later, Don
JStroud
I had the same experience when I was there, 76-79, didn't care for Italy much, Naples least of all, seems nothings changed. Spain was one of my favorite countries, the people there are awesome, and the country is beautiful. I remember going to the zoo in Barcelona, at the time they had the only albino gorilla in captivity. Wonder if he's still alive. Enjoy your trip, there's beautiful country roads and history all around you.
And you have a great car to enjoy it from.

Jeff
carr914
I was just watching a program on Spain (Barcelona in Particular) last night - Looks beautiful. It said to go to Cataluna - Dali Museum & Home etc

Enjoy!
EdwardBlume
aktion035.gif AWESOME aktion035.gif

You got the Porsche sandwich with a smart car inside.
DonTraver
Barcelona is one of the nicest cities I've visited on this trip. Just people watching is fun. Gotta love the women wearing tight tights and boots walking by and the best place to watch is La Rambla street.

Cataluna is the area, like a state.

If the rest of Spain is anything like Barcelona, I'm going to really enjoy the next few months.

Later, Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.