Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We got Cash!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
GaroldShaffer
Ok we got paying sponsors pray.gif

CAMP914 - $125 (going to paypal me)

914 Limited -$50 & door prizes (Brad Mayeur)

Brad has a new product out that he would like to give as door prizes. He didn't say what it was, but he was real excited to be a part of this. One thing, he doesn't really have a logo just 914 Limited INC. and no real website so can we come up with a low key logo for him? I know we have a million things going on, but he is one of the best 914 Guru's around.

Also exchanged email with Wayne at Pelican, all I can say is what a ....... Basicly said no but he will send a bunch of their stuff for us to pass out in the goodie bags :finger2:
Should I talk with dave darling and see if he could get them to pony up at least a door prize or just let it go?

I have been working on the board members of my SCCA region also. I guess while I was at the MWC two 914s showed up for the AX because of what I have posted in the past on this club site. They told our Solo chairman that they plan to join our region, so I think I can prove that this site has help getting the INR SCCA noticed and new members.

I also plan to talk with Mid America Motorworks since we will almost be in their backyard. Do any of you know the owners name? I just plan to cold call them but any contact names would help.

- Garold
seanery
Mike Yeager owns the joint. I don't know how involved he is, but he spoke at the Tweeks Funfest opening.

Make sure he knows that 95% of the people coming are the people closest to his business. I'd love for him to be the Presenting Sponsor!

Good Job so far!

I wouldn't worry about Pelican. they didn't sponsor any part of the West Coast event either. Too bad, their loss. They have a history with Barber Dave's Event which became the MWC, that may be why they were involved there. Wayne's probably not too happy with the Paul Heery thread here either.
seanery
I'll work on something for Brad Mayeur - logowise. Does he check his email? Or should I go through you with versions?
GaroldShaffer
just go thru me for now with Brad.
seanery
here ya go. see what he thinks of this?
GaroldShaffer
That's nice, ever thought about doing advertising display & videos wink.gif I will talk to him today.
GaroldShaffer
Just for the record CAMP914 bump his offering from $125 to $150, I received it via paypal yesterday.

You've Got Cash!

Dear Garold Shaffer,

Craig Laughlin just sent you money with PayPal.

Craig Laughlin is a Verified buyer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Details

Amount: $150.00 USD

Transaction ID: 8D6667528J7535635

Subject: CAMP 914 Sponsorship

View the details of this transaction online
seanery
have you heard from Brad M. regarding the logo?
GaroldShaffer
Got a voice mail from Brad. He liks the logo but was wondering if there could be more of the rear of the car showing. Would also like to have his name on on there also since more people know him by his name.

I'll have somemore time today to make calls so we WILL have more paying sponsors.
GaroldShaffer
morphenspectra (James) will donate a door prize. Sean I gave him your address to ship to.

Bill Maulding will donate $50. He doesn't have a logo or a website. Is there something quick & easy that could be made up for him? name, used parts, email address.

size L shirt.
GaroldShaffer
Spoke with Janice Kinder at Mid American Motorworks this morning. They are interested in being a sponsor clap56.gif not sure what level yet. She ask that I send her some info about the event, which I just did. They are busy with their Covetter Fest in Sept.

What is our drop dead date for having sponsors and their logo's so the shirts will be ready on time for the event?

I am to contact her again around the 2nd week in Sept.

Also same for the awards. Mark, how much time lead time do you need?
seanery
The sooner someone steps up the more exposure they get. I'm sure the shirts could get done if we had all the sponsors by Oct. 1st.
Engman
The award sponsors need to be done in the next 2-3 weeks. I need the time to program the stuff and this will hit at a time I will be real busy with work. We have our big lawnmower show on Sept 24,25 and 26th. The two weeks prior will be 70+ hours/week for me. wacko.gif

M
seanery
If we can't get a title sponsor in time, do you wanna put the 9R Parts logo on them?
GaroldShaffer
OK, I'm working it type.gif grouphug.gif smash.gif
GaroldShaffer
If we can't get a title sponsor in time, do you wanna put the 9R Parts logo on them?
I'm ok with that. It seems people balk at the $500 asking price. Seems most are ok with $50-$150 range.
GaroldShaffer
Just a running total so far on our money in take for sponsors

$150 - CAMP914
$50 - Brad Mayeur (914 Limited)
$50 - Bill Maulding
$150 - Ladybug Baskets (My Wife wub.gif grouphug.gif )

So we are at $400 so far, we are getting there.

Possible money coming from kwiklift & Mid Amercian Motorworks, and need to follow up with Brad Roberts about what HPH is willing to do. Will follow up with Kwiklift & Motorworks after Labor day.

Still need to call Stoddards, AutoAtlanta, My State Farm agent, My SCCA region rep, ........
seanery
GPR?
GaroldShaffer
My SCCA region will be a sponsor clap56.gif They are willing to give $100, so I took it biggrin.gif

Just a running total so far on our money in take for sponsors

$150 - CAMP914
$50 - Brad Mayeur (914 Limited)
$50 - Bill Maulding
$150 - Ladybug Baskets
$100 - INR-SCCA
$500 - MotoLegends

$1000 so far smilie_pokal.gif

The INR-SCCA Region is a sponsor. www.inr-scca.org
seanery
see if they'll give you an eps of their logo.
GaroldShaffer
I already email them asking for it. Question: for sponsors that can't give $125-$150, how are we going to work this? 3 of our sponsors have given $50 -$100 plus one also has door prizes. So what size spot do they get on the shirt confused24.gif
seanery
the same as the vendor size probably
seanery
Have you heard from Jeff?
GaroldShaffer
Nope sad.gif

I left him a voice mail and I did fax a copy of the agreement to him. Will follow up again tomorrow.
GaroldShaffer
We have a signed Sponsorhip Agreement just waiting for the paypal payment. Once we get that we can annouce it on the club site.
Doug Leggins
beerchug.gif
Pnambic
honestly, Garold, YOU ROCK!!!
pray.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif beer.gif rocking nana.gif monkeydance.gif smilie_pokal.gif
GaroldShaffer
Gotta give credit to Sean. he is the one that got the ball rolling on this. If it wasn't for the hats we never would have meet Jefff, or at least in time to sponsor our event.

I'm also trying to work a deal with Stoddard & O'Daniels. Working on a business plan for the club where sponsors could sponsor all three Classics and we split the revenue between the Classic organizers. If I worked this hard on my real job then maybe I would get a raise cool_shades.gif laugh.gif
Engman
What about GPR? I hear Sean has some good contacts there.
wink.gif

M
seanery
wrong company.

I like GPR. Dave Sheppard is 1st class. smilie_pokal.gif
GaroldShaffer
I still havent heard from Jeff yet. I emailed and left a voice mail but nothing yet. I have not received payment yet. I would really like to get this done so we can annouce it. Sean I know you don't like asking for $$ but if you talk to Jeff please mention that I am still waiting. Thanks!
GaroldShaffer
Just received payment from Jeff monkeydance.gif rocking nana.gif aktion035.gif party.gif

Dear Garold Shaffer,

This email confirms that Jeffrey Batchelor has sent you $500.00 USD with PayPal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To complete this payment, you must accept or deny it within 30 days by clicking here.

If you do not accept or deny this payment within 30 days, it will be cancelled and the funds will be returned to Jeffrey Batchelor's account.

Payment Details

Amount: $500.00 USD

Transaction ID: 75356348U9840011P

Subject: 2004 Fall Foliage Event Sponsorship

Note: From MotoLegends, LLC.

View the details of this transaction online
Doug Leggins
Fantastic job guys!

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Pnambic
monkeydance.gif
WHOO HOO!!!
party.gif
GaroldShaffer
Jeff said they will have their website up by Friday afternoon. He will then have a writeup that he would like us to use when we announce them as the presenting sponsor. So Looks like Saturday we can make the BIG announcement.
GaroldShaffer
Sean, did you see the email from Jeff? Lets annouce them as our presenting sponsor. You can do the honors....
GaroldShaffer
The PR announcement Jeff sent Sean & me.

MotoLegends Selected as 914world.com 2004 Fall Foliage Presenting Sponsor

Santa Barbara, CA September 13, 2004 – MotoLegends, LLC (MotoLegends®, www.motolegends.net) “a panacea for motoring enthusiasts™”, announced today its selection as the Presenting Sponsor for the 914world.com 2004 Fall Foliage rally event scheduled for October 22-24, 2004 in Columbus, Indiana. The 914world.com Fall Foliage Event is an annual gathering of Porsche® 914 owners and enthusiasts promoted by 914world.com online club and community. The annual event draws participants from all over the world to the Midwestern United States for three days of touring, rallies, concours, swap meet and social events. Past Fall Foliage events have attracted over 50 cars and several hundred passionate participants and promoters expect the 2004 event to attract even more cars and participants.

MotoLegends President & CEO, Jeffrey Batchelor, said “MotoLegends is honored and thrilled to participate in this annual Porsche® 914 gathering as the Presenting Sponsor. The 914world.com membership and community shares our passion and enthusiasm for the Porsche 914 and we felt this was an ideal opportunity for MotoLegends to lend our support to a growing and passionate community of enthusiasts.” O. Kent Smith, MotoLegends Executive Vice President added, “we look forward to a glorious experience touring through the colorful fall foliage in central Indiana coupled with the chance to meet new friends. As motoring enthusiasts we relish any opportunity to share our pursuit with other 914 enthusiasts”.

About MotoLegends, LLC: www.motolegends.net.

MotoLegends® lives to personify and promote the adventuresome lifestyle of "Motoring Enthusiasts". Founded by lifelong enthusiasts, MotoLegends offers unique perspective and experience into the finest aspects of the motoring enthusiast lifestyle and community. Situated in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA, MotoLegends is distinctively positioned, informed and equipped to introduce its line of Porsche®-based conversion and tuner products, motoring accessories and apparel.

MotoLegends also serves as the market ambassador for the finest product offerings from select Specialty Automotive Manufacturers, Custom American Motorcycle Builders and Specialty European Motorcycle Manufacturers. In the effort to deliver “five-star” service to clients, MotoLegends offers Legends Garage®, an ultra-secure, climate-controlled, insured storage and maintenance service for rare and collectable vehicles. Through Legends Ranch® and Legends Tours®, MotoLegends Destination Resort and Enthusiast Tours divisions, MotoLegends can serve as a personal concierge and guide to the "Road Less Traveled" for members and their guests. With personalized access to worldwide touring and enthusiast opportunities the open road is calling and – “MotoLegends can take you there and take care of you on the way™”.

For more information on MotoLegends visit the website at www.motolegends.net or call 877.7MY.MOTO.

XEOS International Media Group
P.O. Box 12671
Chandler, AZ 85249 USA
seanery
it's a bit embellished. I read it last night and wondered if we should edit it a bit before we publish it.

*edit*
I would like to just remove the line about hundreds of people and 50 cars in the past.
GaroldShaffer
I would like to just remove the line about hundreds of people and 50 cars in the past.

agree.gif I think they included teh WWC numbers in this wink.gif
Doug Leggins
How about just doing some wordsmithing on that first paragraph? Here is a first pass.

The 914world.com Fall Foliage Event is an annual gathering of Porsche® 914 owners and enthusiasts promoted by 914world.com online club and community. 914world.com is holding annual events that draw participants from all over the world to United States for inspiring days of touring, rallies, concours, swap meet and social events. Past events have attracted over 50 cars and several hundred passionate participants and promoters expect the 2004 Fall Foilage Classic event to attract more cars and participants each year.
seanery
I like it Doug! smilie_pokal.gif
GaroldShaffer
Works for me. I would just like to get this out there so everyone can see "WHO" the big sponsor is. That was one of the topic's atthe 914 breakfast this past Saturday.
Engman
Do the edit and post it. This event is really coming together. I think our early estimates of 30 will be easily met. I am revising my estimate to 36.

M
seanery
I made a post, but moved it to the admin area, hoping their webpage would come up like Jeff had hoped.

I was gonna try to wait til it was functioning to get them more exposure. confused24.gif
GaroldShaffer
I see what you are saying, but lets post it anyway.
GaroldShaffer
Update: Spoke with Dave at GPR today. He was really busy and asked if I could email him the the info, which I did.
seanery
haha, that's funny. I ordered from Dave at about the time you posted this. I wonder if you were one of the folks that called when we were on the phone.

I told him that the club really appreciated his support of the MWC and the WCC. I didn't even mention the FFC.

I think it's very important that we tell our vendors how much we appreciate their efforts after the event.

-sean
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.