Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: steering wheels - suede VS leather
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
steering wheels?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...whel-detail.htm
carr914
Leather for Street, Suede for Track (with Gloves)
EdwardBlume
I'm fine with either. The way I drive I can't feel my fingertips anyway... w00t.gif
Mike Bellis
Suede looks really cool when new. Looks really shitty when worn.
DBCooper
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 10 2011, 05:38 AM) *

Leather for Street, Suede for Track (with Gloves)

That's why you do it this way. Your bare hands have oils and sweat that make suede look crappy after a while, so use it when you're also going to be using gloves. On the track.
jimkelly
thanks guys - so leather it is.
Drums66
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Dec 10 2011, 10:03 AM) *

Suede looks really cool when new. Looks really shitty when worn.

......exactly idea.gif
bye1.gif
campbellcj
I always heard you want either suede gloves on smooth leather or smooth gloves on suede. Smooth on smooth is too slippery and suede on suede is too grippy. That said, I have suede gloves on a smooth wheel and have no inclination to change. Plus, suede does look/feel/smell like crap when it gets dirty and worn.
Van
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Dec 10 2011, 11:58 AM) *

I always heard you want either suede gloves on smooth leather or smooth gloves on suede. Smooth on smooth is too slippery and suede on suede is too grippy. That said, I have suede gloves on a smooth wheel and have no inclination to change. Plus, suede does look/feel/smell like crap when it gets dirty and worn.

I've thought the opposite... the suede palm gloves on the suede wheel is perfect - I need that extra grip. When I've taken my street car to the track - which has a plain leather steering wheel - I don't have enough grip with my gloves and have to run bare hands.
sixnotfour
How about ghetto swade (suede) ?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=136808&hl=
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.