Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted 914-6 de-acceleration valve and linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
toolguy
I'm looking for the valve, linkage and mounting hardware, as pictured. . Last item missing from my restoration. . .

HELP PLEASE !! Dave
pete000
I have noticed a lot of people remove them. Are you after authencity or is it a must have item for the engine to perform correctly?
Luke M
QUOTE(toolguy @ Dec 10 2011, 09:44 AM) *

I'm looking for the valve, linkage and mounting hardware, as pictured. . Last item missing from my restoration. . .

HELP PLEASE !! Dave

I removed one from my six. Now to locate it.
Pm me or email is best : lmartini@rochester.rr.com

I found it and has the linkage attached to the valve.
I can post some pics later.

toolguy
I want it to make the car appear correct. . don't care if it's truly operational. . Thanks for any help Dave
Guy's
Mine is missing to,Why was it removed?? More responsive throttle..
Also the oil tank breather was removed from the orginal plastic
air cleaner assy. and the cold start unit also.Have been told they
could start a fire in the air cleaner box..
Happy Holidays,914
pete000
I am new to the 914-6 but I was told all this stuff was Porsches first attempt at emission controls. I believe the deceleration valve was intended to slow down the throttle butterflies from closing too quickly or all the way allowing for more even burn of the fuel in the carbs on deceleration reducing unburned fuel from entering the combustion chamber. I would imagine if not working properly it could cause a high inconsistent idle.

The oil tank breather is another way to get the crank case fumes burned by the engine from the positive pressure created by the cooling fan.

Charcoal canister is another one they wanted to get the fumes pulled out of the tank and filtered.

I don't think any of them are a power robbing issue compared to the mid 70's cars.

I kind of like the idea of the fumes getting sucked up.

My wife says these old cars are all stinky! lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.