Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: harness bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raw1298
Has anyone made thier own harness bar? I see them listed for many cars and they look fairly easy to make. Any experience out here?
Mike Bellis
Looks super easy. Go for it. I had a Weltmeister that fit like shit. Too narrow and very hard to tighten the bolts. Make sure you leave enough room to get a wrench on it.
Elliot Cannon
I bought one many years ago and it has never reallly fit right. The angle of the pieces that bolt on is wrong. I't impossible to tighten it the way it should be. I've been meaning to make one but I'm aaaahh, lazy? I would advice making it out of some strong stuff and TIG weld it.
bfrymire
I don't know about making one, but I bought the one that Stable energies has, and I am happy with it.
J P Stein
On a 914 it is much easier to weld some big plates to the back of the firewall and use them for anchoring belts.......SCCA legal too.
laflaur
HEY RAW,
I am in Rocklin,I have one I am not using, come look at it,If you like it I will let it go cheap.
John
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 11 2011, 09:00 AM) *

On a 914 it is much easier to weld some big plates to the back of the firewall and use them for anchoring belts.......SCCA legal too.

I thought about that but it puts the anchors below the top of my shoulders.
raw1298
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 11 2011, 12:13 PM) *

The best placement is just above the shoulder so you dont compress the spine on impact, at least that is how I understand it. confused24.gif
sixaddict
I would not make one unless the proper grade of steel and certified welder was used... Only critical when you need it.

QUOTE(raw1298 @ Dec 11 2011, 12:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 11 2011, 12:13 PM) *

The best placement is just above the shoulder so you dont compress the spine on impact, at least that is how I understand it. confused24.gif

raw1298
QUOTE(laflaur @ Dec 11 2011, 09:38 AM) *

HEY RAW,
I am in Rocklin,I have one I am not using, come look at it,If you like it I will let it go cheap.
John

PM sent. Lets get together this week.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(raw1298 @ Dec 11 2011, 08:09 PM) *

QUOTE(laflaur @ Dec 11 2011, 09:38 AM) *

HEY RAW,
John

PM sent. Lets get together this week.

John is good people Randy... If you're lucky you'll see his 6...
J P Stein
(sigh)
The harness pass-through holes in a proper racing seat are right at or just above shoulder level. If your racing seat compresses, so will your spine.
If you haven't got a proper racing seat you can't use a 4, 5, ot 6 point racing with any sanctioning body that I know of.
sean_v8_914
Happy reading gents
http://www.schrothracing.com/sdocs/2009_Co...nstructions.pdf
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.