Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Rear Chrome Bumper and Bumper Horns $400
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
toadman
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Selling a rear bumper and bumper horns in very good condition (no rubber bumper top) from a 1974 car. This is my first time selling here and I have tried my best to accurately describe this item. Because of its size I would prefer local pickup of this item.

Chrome finish – This bumper responded very well to cleaning and light polishing with Neverdull magic wadding. There are no dents. There is one area that was apparently covered by an oval sticker that protected the finish from flying road grit so this area is slightly shinier than the rest of the chrome finish but it is barely noticeable. There are two scratches to the left of the license plate. One is about 1“ long and the other about 3” long. Both of these are visible with the license plate attached. There is about 1.5“ of chrome delaminating from the lower face of the bumper below the left horn and above where the exhaust pipe would be. This is not normally visible with the bumper installed.

Horns – Horns are in very good condition with no cuts. The bottom face of the left horn has a small patch, about 1.5 sq. in., of crustiness probably caused by heat from the exhaust.

Backside – There is some surface rust on the backside. Both supports are rusty but solid with some delaminating of the finish. I think this surface rust could be easily removed and the cleaned surfaces repainted.
toadman
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
More photos
toadman
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

More photos showing two scratches and shiny area where an oval sticker protected the finish
toadman
Click to view attachment

More photos showing crusty horn and slight chrome delamination.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.