Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Front Chrome Bumper $550
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
toadman
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Selling a front bumper with bumper horns and rubber bumper top all in very good condition. From a 1974 car. Because of its size I would prefer local pickup of this item.

Chrome finish – This bumper responded very well to cleaning and light polishing with Neverdull magic wadding. There are two small dents behind the license plate. One of these appears to be from the license plate holder. Neither of these dents are visible with the license plate in place. The license plate protected the finish behind it from flying road grit so the area behind the license plate is shinier than the rest of the bumper. There is no chrome delamination. There is one dent on the top of the passenger-side horn grill opening. This results in a small “wave” in the front face of the rubber bumper top.

Horns – Horns are in good condition. There is one cut on the front face of each horn. Each cut is about 1.25” long. If I was keeping these horns and wanted them near perfect I would repair the cuts with black RTV sealant and repaint the horns with Krylon Fusion satin black.

Rubber bumper top – This piece is in very, very good condition for its age. There are no cuts. There is very slight yellow paint overspray on the back. All attachment bolts are solid. There is the slight “wave” above the passenger-side horn grill as mentioned earlier. The entire piece is uniformly colored except for an area above the driver-side horn grill and above the passenger side horn grill where the color is lighter, probably from contact with polishing compound or car wax. If I was keeping this top and wanted it near perfect I would remove it and paint it with Krylon Fusion satin black.

Backside – The back side is in excellent condition. There is some surface rust on the back side. There is no paint delamination.
toadman
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
More photos
toadman
Click to view attachment Cut on one horn
toadman
Click to view attachment

Wave at top of horn grill opening
toadman
Click to view attachment

Paint overspray
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.