Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: New Fisker Karma
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malaga_red75
Thought you guys would enjoy seeing pics of the new Fisker Karma.

Truly a beautiful car.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Sweetness.
tradisrad
is it in your garage?
Mark Henry
I wonder if it was this one seen heading South on 95 between Baltimore and DC.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
malaga_red75
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Dec 12 2011, 07:43 PM) *

is it in your garage?

I wish it was haha... but no.
malaga_red75
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 12 2011, 07:44 PM) *

I wonder if it was this one seen heading South on 95 between Baltimore and DC.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

not sure... I should also clarify that it may not have been the first one delivered, but it was the first one off the assembly line.
clow
drooley.gif Looks amazing. To be honest I never heard of Fisker before.

Clow
underthetire
QUOTE(clow @ Dec 12 2011, 08:09 PM) *

Clow

agree.gif and me either. Looks very expensive..
76-914
it's an electric sports car, fast w/ extended range
BuddyV
A friend of mine was on the waiting list for one of these - paid his deposit over a year ago, etc. He recently cancelled the order because the price kept climbing during production...... $25K more than they initially quoted him.....

Too bad.... still a nice car.

He decided to cancel when he saw what deals could be had for a 4-door Maserati of similar size, a couple years old. - $41K!!!!!!!

Ahhhh!... t have those decisions to make! - LOL!
lagunero
Saw one at CnC two weeks ago. Controversial conversation starter...
Mark Henry
Starts at $95K....$110K for all the options.
malaga_red75
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 12 2011, 08:30 PM) *

it's an electric sports car, fast w/ extended range

2 electric motors with a gasoline engine driving a generator to power the motors.

malaga_red75
QUOTE(clow @ Dec 12 2011, 08:09 PM) *

Clow

it is supposed to be the competitor to TESLA and the Model S
malaga_red75
QUOTE(lagunero @ Dec 12 2011, 08:41 PM) *

Saw one at CnC two weeks ago. Controversial conversation starter...

agreed, but like I said, not necessarily the first one delivered, but the first one off the production line. And, to be honest, I did not speak with the owner directly. But from what I understood, the owner knew the guy who headed up the Karma project and got first dibs on it a while back.

I will find out some more info to back up my claims.

dlkawashima
confused24.gif Leo's D's car?

Meet the Karma

Leonardo DiCaprio get a new toy
malaga_red75
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Dec 12 2011, 11:48 PM) *

hmmm, looks I might have been fed some false info... I will have to get to the bottom of this... meanwhile, title changed.
carr914
Saw one the other day as there is a Fisker Dealership a couple of miles away from my house.

I think it is odd that the Dealership sold it's Aston Martin Franchise to take on Fisker. The Fisker is neat, but the Demand for an A-M has to be much greater.
flipb
There was one at the Great Falls CnC in Northern Virginia about a month ago. It drew a larger crowd than any other car there, over some amazing exotics and classics.

Stunning in person.

However, if it were my money, I'd be on the waitlist for a Tesla Model S instead. Lower price, greater electric range, more practical, and equally sporty (still great looking too).
SGB
The Huntsville Porsche/ BMW/ Jag dealership has put a Fisker sign up. They have at least one in the showroom, and it has been there since our PCA Christmas party at the dealers (they do put up a nice spread- and some great door prizes too) on the 4th of December.
mepstein
We'll probably see a bunch around here since they are being made in the old Saturn plant in Newport, DE. Just like we used to see a ton of Plymouth Prowlers and Dodge Durangos with the old Chrysler plant in Newark, DE.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(flipb @ Dec 13 2011, 09:14 AM) *

There was one at the Great Falls CnC in Northern Virginia about a month ago. It drew a larger crowd than any other car there, over some amazing exotics and classics.

Stunning in person.

However, if it were my money, I'd be on the waitlist for a Tesla Model S instead. Lower price, greater electric range, more practical, and equally sporty (still great looking too).

If it was my money it wouldn't be an EV.
IMHO EV's aren't there yet, they are not green as manufacturing the batteries and magnets probably cause more pollution than the lifetime emissions of a SUV, then you have to produce electricity to charge it.
All it does is shift the footprint.

But that's my opinion, I don't have that kind of coin and this could get political so that's all I'm going to say about it.
rolleyes.gif
flipb
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 13 2011, 09:31 AM) *

QUOTE(flipb @ Dec 13 2011, 09:14 AM) *

Stunning in person.

If it was my money it wouldn't be an EV.
IMHO EV's aren't there yet, they are not green as manufacturing the batteries and magnets probably cause more pollution than the lifetime emissions of a SUV, then you have to produce electricity to charge it.
All it does is shift the footprint.

But that's my opinion, I don't have that kind of coin and this could get political so that's all I'm going to say about it.
rolleyes.gif

I don't disagree about EVs needing some more development, but just as any car purchase, I wouldn't be buying one based on some analysis of factory-to-grave environmental impact. I'd be buying it as a practical (never stop for gas), fun-to-drive (100% instant torque), unique, beautiful, otherwise advantageous (free access to HOV lanes here in VA) car.

But alas, I'm not sitting on that kind of scratch either.

FWIW, top-of-the-line Tesla Model S is supposed to have 300-mile range; that's as much as I'd need to drive in a single day 99.999% of the time (and I can rent a car for the 0.001%). Also worth noting, the Fisker has a gasoline "range-extender" like a Chevy Volt, so practically unlimited range, but only about 32 mi electric-only.
Andyrew
Damn thats sexy lookin!!
scotty b
AM I the only person that thinks the front end is hideous ? confused24.gif The company I have been doing the paint samples for is also doing the displays for the Fiskar dealerships so I've gotten to see pics of this thing for a while now, and I still can't get over that front end barf.gif Looks like a Pontiac Solstice on 'roids.
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 13 2011, 06:02 PM) *

AM I the only person that thinks the front end is hideous ? confused24.gif The company I have been doing the paint samples for is also doing the displays for the Fiskar dealerships so I've gotten to see pics of this thing for a while now, and I still can't get over that front end barf.gif Looks like a Pontiac Solstice on 'roids.

Same factory that the solstice was made (i'm sure you knew that). Maybe they're using up old stock?

I'll admit, I used to like the solstice hardtop - until my wife's 4' 10" friend showed up in one. cheer.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 13 2011, 06:31 AM) *
IMHO EV's aren't there yet

That might change pretty soon ... shades.gif

13 December 2011, BBC News

The most coveted prize in particle physics - the Higgs boson - may have been glimpsed, say researchers reporting at the Large Hadron Collider in Geneva.

rick 918-S
Is this the company that took green jobs money then instead of producing green jobs for US citizens expanded their factory in Finland? WTF.gif
championgt1
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 13 2011, 03:02 PM) *

agree.gif The front end looks like poop!
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 13 2011, 05:02 PM) *

Funny because that was exactly my thought from that first picture. From further away, I think it looks pretty good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.