Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jalopnik's list of ten best from Edmund's 100 Worst
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PDXMike
Apparently Edmund's has different criteria...

10 great cars from Edmund's 100 worst cars list
zymurgist
I think that when making lists like this, or when Rolling Stone does a list of the 100 greatest musicians, the goal is not to come up with a canonical list but to stir up controversy. Controversy = website hits.
SirAndy
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Dec 13 2011, 12:51 PM) *
the goal is not to come up with a canonical list but to stir up controversy. Controversy = website hits.

agree.gif

Tom_T
IMHO Edmunds' list makers her had their collective heads so far up their collective bootyshake.gif - that they need glass navels to see where there going! dry.gif

... I mean really - the 914, `57 'Bird & '53 'Vette, etc., etc.!

... and no, I won't go look at Edmunds website for the list type.gif - just to vote the opposite of above driving website hits! dry.gif
Thestigz06
Of course this is edmunds. The people who are convinced that the honda accord and the toyota prus are the greatest things to happen to motoring since the internal combustion engine. finger.gif
Derek Seymour
I never check out anything on Edmunds and now I know why. Seems to be the Jerry Springer of auto journalism.
carr914
There are 3 cars there that I would kick to the Curb, but the other 7 I have either owned or wanted to own
Michael N
The 914 is in great company with the Ariel Atom, Saleen S7, or the 1953 Corvette. I would take any of these cars all day long. confused24.gif
corsepervita
Ariel Atom, Saleen S7, 914, Ferrari 308, Subaru Justy (really?), Gremlin (seriously?), Lamborghini Espada?????? (wtf is wrong with a countach engine in a touring car????), Isetta...

Officially this article should be put on the top 100 worst articles written with no decent reasons for the content.

How do they decide this.

Meeting for article:
Journalist 1: HERPADERPPP DERPA DPEEERRRRRRP
Journalist 2: JA! DERP DERP DERP DERRRRP HURRRRR
Journalist 1: PRINT IT!

IPB Image
matthepcat
Reminds me of KBB.com & vehicle values
injunmort
three of these cars on the list i have owned and loved. justy was awesome, drove the wheels of it, go anywhere in any weather and real cheap to own. would buy another if i could find one that wasnt beaten to death. volvo 262, i like the styling and again a tank that was indestructable, also drove really nicely. any comment on a 914 in this forum would be redundant. my point is, i guess, we can conclude that edmonds is a collection of idiots and charlatans.
TurbOH Brad
Edmunds was being a troll, and Jalop fed the troll with more clicks due to the link through.

trolls...the lot of them. lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.