Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MOMO steering wheel adapter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
I just purchased a MOMO steering wheel and adapter that I purchased off the boards here recently. The fit of the adapter is unacceptable is there another way to do do this and get the flush factory look? The adapter is fully seated on the splines and the threads are fully exposed.

Thanks

David

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(Harpo @ Dec 13 2011, 03:17 PM) *
The adapter is fully seated on the splines and the threads are fully exposed.

Well, you probably should have done your homework. There's two different types of Momo adapters for our cars. Early and late style.
As you just found out, they are not interchangeable.

Interestingly enough, there was a thread about this exact same topic on here just a week ago.

popcorn[1].gif
Harpo
Well the adapter came with the wheel for a good price. So can I conclude that this adapter is an early because my car is a 1975?

Thanks

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 13 2011, 03:28 PM) *

Well, you probably should have done your homework. There's two different types of Momo adapters for our cars. Early and late style.

Interestingly enough, there was a thread about this exact same topic on here just a week ago.

popcorn[1].gif

johnc
look at the number stamped on the adapter, if it is 8000, its early (and you could sell it to me) or I will trade a late adapter to you for it
SirAndy
QUOTE(Harpo @ Dec 13 2011, 04:58 PM) *
Well the adapter came with the wheel for a good price. So can I conclude that this adapter is an early because my car is a 1975?

It would seem so. There should be a serial number on it as mentioned above.

Early adapters are rather rare these days and fetch a good bit of coin!
smash.gif
eric9144
From the pic you posted, it IS an early adapter--GPR has some of the late ones at a good price, take the early one and list it in the classifieds.
Harpo
Here is another photo of the MOMO adapter. I found a four didgit #2898 but can't seem to figure out what it is.

Click to view attachment
eric9144
That's the early adapter
Lennies914
I just took a '72 car to Parts Heaven in Hayward. It has an early adaptor on it (with a nice condition 13 1/2" wheel). It was still there as of Monday.
gothspeed
From what I understand, the 'early' MOMO wheel adapters are NLA new. So you you should be able to sell it quite easily and buy a new late model adapter smile.gif.
913B
QUOTE(Harpo @ Dec 13 2011, 05:58 PM) *

Thanks

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 13 2011, 03:28 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

That certainly was a good price wasn't it happy11.gif
Harpo
What is the going rate for an early adapter?

Thanks

jcd914
QUOTE(Harpo @ Dec 14 2011, 05:23 PM) *

What is the going rate for an early adapter?

Thanks

If you got the wheel and adaptor for a good price and were happy up til the point it did not fit then you might just trade it straight accross to one of the members here. Someone offered early on to trade.

Just a thought.
Jim
johnc
thats not the early adapter. The early one is solid aluminum, does not collapse, and fits cars through '71. If I could find one I would shoot a picture.
BKLA
I believe that's a early 911 (model #230) adapter.

Click to view attachment

the box...

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.