Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buying steel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tscrihfield
Okay,
This may be a dumb question... But, does anyone sell just the bottom portion of the door jam? I just need about 4 inches from the bottom up. I don't see a need for the entire piece replaced but if I have to buy a whole one I will only use a fourth of it blink.gif .... I will if I have no other option but I figure I would ask first.

Thanks,
Thomas
Vysoc
Hello,

Restoration Design makes the part in Left or Right side, you are looking for the bottom, I am looking for the top......sounds like a deal. The part is $130.00 get in touch with me and we may be able to work a deal.

Go to Restoration Design and look for 914 Parts..... the Door Jambs are #19 click on image for full view PM if you want to try to split the part.

Thanks,

Vysoc flag.gif
TargaToy
If the rounded part of that jamb is rotten, sometimes the leading edge of the rear fender (the lower pointy part) is rotten too. Check it out real good when you're making your plans to graft in the new metal.
tscrihfield
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Dec 13 2011, 09:50 PM) *

Hello,

Restoration Design makes the part in Left or Right side, you are looking for the bottom, I am looking for the top......sounds like a deal. The part is $130.00 get in touch with me and we may be able to work a deal.

Go to Restoration Design and look for 914 Parts..... the Door Jambs are #19 click on image for full view PM if you want to try to split the part.

Thanks,

Vysoc flag.gif

Sounds good to me!

PM is on it's way!

Thomas
tscrihfield
QUOTE(TargaToy @ Dec 13 2011, 10:20 PM) *

If the rounded part of that jamb is rotten, sometimes the leading edge of the rear fender (the lower pointy part) is rotten too. Check it out real good when you're making your plans to graft in the new metal.

Ironically when I cut the bottom corner of the rear quarter out it was well intact. This car rusted in some of the most odd places. However, the PO had a hell of a good ol time brazing the crap out of the bottom of this door jam... welder.gif

Gotta love those ol' back yard fixins!

Thanks for the input though... It did have me looking at it!

Thomas
zig-n-zag
Thomas,

The factory manual shows they brazed the bottom of the door jam to

the sill, and at the seam of the sail to roof panels. Fixin mine too.
tscrihfield
QUOTE(zig-n-zag @ Dec 14 2011, 11:17 PM) *

Thomas,

The factory manual shows they brazed the bottom of the door jam to

the sill, and at the seam of the sail to roof panels. Fixin mine too.

Mine is brazed so much you can't install the seal on the door sill seam...
TargaToy
The curved part of my transition was gone and the leading point of the lower fender was far gone...so I had to make them both. The new parts are now sealed very well from the back sides. Too many nice nooks and crannies back there for wet goop to get hung up on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.