Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914=911 GT 3 R Hybrid Paint Scheme
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
okieflyr
I've had the idea of trying a "modern Porsche" paint scheme for awhile, using the 911 GT3 R Hybrid colors and style. Obviously the lines are much different, but I'd like to think that most of the elements could work. The roof would probably need paint to carry it off as well. I've got a spare set of old gold BBS mesh wheels that could get refinished in silver as a nice set off. If anybody with comp/photo skills could throw something together visually on a generic 914 I'd appreciate the help.first.gif

Edit: My car does have GT flairs to add to the curves.
Vysoc
Great Idea those colors would look awesome on a 914!!!!!

Vysoc flag.gif
69rsss
Amazing Car!.......I forgot which colors are the main ones so l looked it up, I agree it would be very cool. I can't wait to see some photo shop stuff and most of all the final job done. Good luck!
poorsche914
Here's a quick PS for ya... type.gif

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
And here's the original, for comparison ...

poorsche914
Hmm, looking at it from that angle, I think I would have gentle arcing outward from the front hood to give more white across the top and rear trunk.

Almost need to work it out in a 3D program or... Forza 3. Will put something together tonight and post.

driving.gif
3d914
Oooh - I like it!

smilie_pokal.gif popcorn[1].gif
BuddyV
Looking good.... I would suggest making the white stripe on top the FULL WIDTH of the front/rear trunks.... top, too.

That would better replicate the original.... and look best, IMHO.

Nice job!
Chris Pincetich
drooley.gif
beerchug.gif
poorsche914
Using the Forza 3 vinyl editor.
Sorry, no flares.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
jimkelly
i'm thinking to have my exterior stripped to metal and then etch primed - so that i can have my car wrapped in 3m carbon fibre look vinyl ?? http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

IPB Image
okieflyr
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Dec 14 2011, 02:14 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Thanks Steve, I was trying to visualize the scale of the hood stripe, and what you did looks good. I'm not quite settled with the lines intersecting the rear flair/bodyline yet, but this has been a big help. I like the way the greys transition from the white and the black contrasts. The satin orange fits my painting and bodywork ability. I'm sure there are some other color combos that could work as well with imagination.
clow
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Dec 14 2011, 05:16 PM) *

i'm thinking to have my exterior stripped to metal and then etch primed - so that i can have my car wrapped in 3m carbon fibre look vinyl ?? http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

I think wrapping is a good way to go. From what I looked into it would be cheaper than to paint a car and its pretty tough stuff.

Clow
okieflyr
Jim, that Dinoc (sp?) vinyl is fun and cool stuff. It has alot of stretch and sticks well on flat or convex shapes. I covered my dash with it, but it is stretching loose on the concave sections. I will replace it this winter with a crack free dash and go back to a clean look again though. It does make a nice lid on my laptop!
scotty b
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Dec 14 2011, 11:14 AM) *

Click to view attachment

IMO bring the bottom of the side stripe forward to where it is just past the center point between the door and the start of the flare, the bottom is to fat. Have the top start curving before it hits the flare. The stripe should accentuate ( outline ) the flare. Maybe even wrap the back of it up onto and over the rear trunk confused24.gif
poorsche914
Good suggestion, ScottyB. I need a better photo to start with.

I will see if Derrick (owns a white flared car I can use as a base) will take some shots of his car this weekend - side, front, rear, etc - and with the top on.

driving.gif
okieflyr
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 14 2011, 09:23 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Dec 14 2011, 11:14 AM) *

Click to view attachment

IMO bring the bottom of the side stripe forward to where it is just past the center point between the door and the start of the flare, the bottom is to fat. Have the top start curving before it hits the flare. The stripe should accentuate ( outline ) the flare. Maybe even wrap the back of it up onto and over the rear trunk confused24.gif

Yeah, i'm thinking the black line is a little heavy in it's current location. As a racecar with add'l graphics and sponsor stickers, it's a good blank slate. For a street car it's a little bold for me. Scotty, I'd think maybe thinning the side black line would help, as well as moving it as you suggested. I'd been wondering about the transition and coverage up and over the rear trunk, but would probably want to leave a little orange for balance?
okieflyr
I've been thinking about powdercoating the door handles black, so if the lines were just right, the door handles would disappear..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.