Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Conversion From Yellow to Black!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
For those who have not heard, Lennies914's car got smashed when his son was driving it back from Southern California a few months ago headbang.gif

So this thread is to document the swap to the new chassis and maybe even organize a BBQ/work party for the final push to get it back on the road!

Here are some photos of the original yellow donor car!
tradisrad
Bummer. Any pictures of the new chassis?
Jeffs9146
Now for the lucky car being given a second chance at life!

I posted a while back about a very clean black chassis at PartsHeaven that someone should buy so when Lennies914 car was wrecked we started the process of figuring out how to get what we needed to aquire it! Well a deal was made and we have begun the process of welding up the A/C holes in the chassis and preping it for its new heart! beerchug.gif

Here are some photos of the one that you guys didn't get!
EdwardBlume
I saw that chassis at PH. It is a good one. I'm in for a work party.
Jeffs9146
Lennie and I will be working on it daily for the next few weeks! We welded up the A/C holes last night so Lennie will be grinding and painting the patches tonight. Tomorrow we will begin the process of swapping the small detail parts.

We will let you know when we are ready for a "get R done" party!! beerchug.gif
Rob-O
If you have no use for the two remaining pieces of carpeting in it, I sure could use them, be willing to pay a little bit too! PM me if you're looking to get rid of those pieces. I'm also looking for the center section that fits under the center console too!

*Hijack over*

Good luck with getting everything transferred over!!
Tom_T
I share Lennie's pain! sad.gif

Mine was hit F&R too after an expensive rolling resto! dry.gif

Good Luck with the swap! beerchug.gif
Andyrew
I've got some time off during christmas, let me know if you guys plan a work party!
Jeffs9146
It will probably be after christmas but who knows!! Thats why we started this thread to get people thinking!

Lennie and I are having a work party almost every week night! beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Man that sure looks like a super clean chassis -very nice score. If I get a chance I will come out and lend two hands when the time comes.
JStroud
Nice score, looks like the new tub used to be yellow, so is the final color to be black or yellow like the old one?
Good luck with the swap, looks like a fun project.

Jeff
Jeffs9146
looks like the new tub used to be yellow

That yellow is the color of the original dash! I have heard that they used to use what parts they had left at the end of the previous model year first.

The car is black with a black paint code and has only had a light second coat put over the original paint!

It is one of the cleaner bare tubs I have seen! It has a small amount of rust in the drivers rear floor because the PO added a trunk pull and cut a large hole in the firewall for the water to flow right in! I can see no evidance that the car has ever been in an accedent!
Krieger
The collision damage doesn't look that bad. confused24.gif Or was there something else?
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Krieger @ Dec 14 2011, 05:23 PM) *

The collision damage doesn't look that bad. confused24.gif Or was there something else?

Please elaborate!? confused24.gif
Krieger
Why didn't you just fix the yellow car?
Jeffs9146
Oh....The yellow car had been hit hard in the front once before and was quite crooked around the windows!

We ended up getting the tub for about the same cost as a fender not installed would cost!! So it was a no brainer to get a nicer car out of the repair and the rest is mostly just labor!
Krieger
That makes sense. Our labor is "free" except for the time it costs. biggrin.gif
Lennies914
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Dec 14 2011, 02:43 PM) *

If you have no use for the two remaining pieces of carpeting in it, I sure could use them, be willing to pay a little bit too! PM me if you're looking to get rid of those pieces. I'm also looking for the center section that fits under the center console too!

*Hijack over*

Send me enough to cover a large flat rate box and your address and I'll get them out to you.
arkitect
Jeff and Lennie,
I'm in for a work party or if you need a hand before the work party. Let me know.

Dave
Lennies914
QUOTE(arkitect @ Dec 14 2011, 08:27 PM) *

Jeff and Lennie,
I'm in for a work party or if you need a hand before the work party. Let me know.

Dave

Dave,

You're welcome anytime! Drive your car over, I'd love to see it.
rick 918-S
Keep the pics coming! smash.gif welder.gif aktion035.gif
Rob-O
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Dec 14 2011, 08:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Rob-O @ Dec 14 2011, 02:43 PM) *

*Hijack over*

Send me enough to cover a large flat rate box and your address and I'll get them out to you.

Paypal okay? If so, PM me your address and I'll get some money to you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.