Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauging interest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Hey guys, just found my the bellcrank for the accelerator off of my Dads 914/6. I'll need to reproduce it for my purposes, but is anyone else interested in this?
type47
yes. Pix?
SirAndy
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Dec 14 2011, 09:58 AM) *
I'll need to reproduce it for my purposes, but is anyone else interested in this?

I thought you could still buy those? confused24.gif
brp986s
agree.gif Plus, you can only use those if your box has the stud to mount it. And the method results in too much slop. As much as I don't like to admit it, the Patrick method of putting a tab on the engine-gearbox stud is better.
SirAndy
QUOTE(brp986s @ Dec 14 2011, 10:26 AM) *
you can only use those if your box has the stud to mount it.

I've drilled and tapped the boss on the transmission and added a stud to mount the linkage (on another car). That worked just fine.

However, i agree that there are probably better ways of doing the throttle on a /6.

I've been running the long cable that PMS makes for the 3.6L and it works better, IMHO, since you eliminate any additional slop from the system by going straight to the TB.

popcorn[1].gif
Scott S
I just installed the Rich Johnson kit. It did require drilling and tapping the case, but the directions were very good and it came out great. I think I was done with the install in about 30 minutes (and a big part of that time was spent just being extremely paranoid about drilling the case!)
Krieger
I recently made my own throttle linkage for my 6 and it came out really well and cheap. It is in my f 914 build thread. Don't know how to do the link I'll have to post the. Pic later.
rfuerst911sc
I also used the Rich Johnson kit, installed easily and has worked fine for over a year now.
sixaddict
agree.gif

QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Dec 14 2011, 09:58 AM) *

Hey guys, just found my the bellcrank for the accelerator off of my Dads 914/6. I'll need to reproduce it for my purposes, but is anyone else interested in this?

Krieger
914/6 cable from patick motor sports $50. Ball stud$ 7.50. Scrap metal free.
Jeffs9146
agree.gif I did Riches also and made my own linkage rod to connect to the engine!
kconway
Not to derail your question but this might be interesting idea for Plug-and-play linkage. I bought this and was told it is a conversion linkage that PP use to sell but haven't been able to confirm and have no idea who produced it. I also heard it's no longer produced. Bracket looks like it would be easy to reproduce.

Kev

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
Thanks for the input guys, guess ti wasn't such a hot idea after all, but hey! Atleast I found out the Patrick makes a cable?

Quick question though; is the cable that PMS makes just for the 3.6 setup?
SirAndy
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Dec 14 2011, 05:46 PM) *
Quick question though; is the cable that PMS makes just for the 3.6 setup?

They make one just for the 3.6L as it needs a custom end piece for the FI throttle body.

If i'm not mistaken, they also make cables for normal carbed applications.
idea.gif
Luke M
QUOTE(kconway @ Dec 14 2011, 05:56 PM) *

Not to derail your question but this might be interesting idea for Plug-and-play linkage. I bought this and was told it is a conversion linkage that PP use to sell but haven't been able to confirm and have no idea who produced it. I also heard it's no longer produced. Bracket looks like it would be easy to reproduce.

Kev

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

A friend of mine has something like this setup on his 6. He also converted to a side shift trans and hasn't had any problems with it in 20+ years. You do need to use a 6 cable and other linkage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.