Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 914-4 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
DanT
Listing this for a lady that is not to up to par on computer listings and such...
I know nothing about the car other than what is in this ad.
Please contact the seller, Ursula, directly for more information.
thanks for looking

1973 914/2 Roadster #4732914540. Black/black. Calif. car, no rust, always garaged. Second owner since 1977, solely serviced by Tony Heyer for over 30 years. New alternator and fuel pump. Repainted in 2002. Looks great, runs great. 384,383 miles, 215,252 after engine rebuild. Original wheels, tools. Extras include car cover, bra, competition belts and harness. etc. $7000 - $9000. It is breaking my heart to sell my Pearlie Mae; I feel like I am losing a beloved pet, but the time has come to say good-bye. Ursula Grunfeld. Phone: 650-966-1402.
sk8kat1
QUOTE(DanT @ Dec 14 2011, 11:01 AM) *

Listing this for a lady that is not to up to par on computer listings and such...
thanks for looking

1973 914/2 Roadster #4732914540. Black/black. Calif. car, no rust, always garaged. Second owner since 1977, solely serviced by Tony Heyer for over 30 years. New alternator and fuel pump. Repainted in 2002. Looks great, runs great. 384,383 miles, 215,252 after engine rebuild. Original wheels, tools. Extras include car cover, bra, competition belts and harness. etc. $7000 - $9000. It is breaking my heart to sell my Pearlie Mae; I feel like I am losing a beloved pet, but the time has come to say good-bye. Ursula Grunfeld. Phone: 650-966-1402.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
DanT
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Dec 14 2011, 02:18 PM) *

thanks for looking

did you read any of this?
sk8kat1
QUOTE(DanT @ Dec 14 2011, 01:28 PM) *

QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Dec 14 2011, 02:18 PM) *

thanks for looking

did you read any of this?

WOW ! yes I did actually . you are posting this for someone that is not good with computers . And the details that you know are listed . I would assume that i would look for a pic from you , the computer savvy person that is posting the car for sale , versus asking the person that is not good with computers to email me one . blink.gif

DanT
I doubt she would be able to do that...she doesn't live near me and I have never actually seen the car either.
she is supposed to be taking some pics that she will mail to me, I will scan them and then post them, if and when I get them from her..
I know it isn't our normal operating procedures, but this is a nice older German lady and I am just trying to help her with the limited resources I have been given.
wes

thanks for looking

Hay guys looks like he is realy out to help someone, and if I was looking for a nice 914 right now I would be hot to check this one out right now! just sounds like someone who loves the car, car cover, bra, comp belts harness, original wheels tools, plus the work done! Tony Heyer is a good honest guy who knows what it takes to do it right! Good luck!
Cairo94507
Depending upon where in the 650 area code she is (I have an office in Redwood City) I might be able to go by and see the car and take some pictures and give all of us a better feeling for the condition of the car.
DanT
She lives in Mountain View
DanT
Sorry, darn iPad
911cab84
QUOTE(DanT @ Dec 14 2011, 09:15 PM) *

Sorry, darn iPad

382,000 miles? Are you sure? (or is she sure of that mileage?)
DanT
She has all the receipts from all the servicing on the car....
xsJerry
QUOTE(911cab84 @ Dec 15 2011, 04:02 AM) *

QUOTE(DanT @ Dec 14 2011, 09:15 PM) *

Sorry, darn iPad

382,000 miles? Are you sure? (or is she sure of that mileage?)

This seems like a sweet ride for sure. Defiantly the most desirable model and year. However, 382K is a scary number, but as a newcomer to these cars, I'm not sure of the ramifications of this kind of mileage. Maybe it's not a big deal.
Tom_T
Think about it -
as a DD 10-15k per year is the national average range, so 10k/yr x 38 yrs = 380k
... so this is just about dead on!

I put about 130k on mine as a DD 12/75 - 5/85 & my only car for most of that time. driving.gif

The trouble with 5 digit odometers is that they invite liars, and the trouble with old school cable speedometers/odometers that can easily be reset or run backwards is that they invite cheaters! dry.gif

Our 914's qualify as both! sad.gif

IMHO - don't believe anything under 10k per year (or more) unless there is a clear & unbroken chain of service/maint./etc. documents clearly showing the progression of mileage to the claimed current level - period. Otherwise assume that there is at least a "1" or "2" in front of a claimed <100k miles - if not more!

One last thought - a constantly used & continuously maintained vehicle will generally be in far better mechanical shape, than one that has sat unused as a barn find, or with very limited use as a garage queen. Same is true for any mechanical device/machinery. driving.gif

You've got to give credit to the current owner for actually using & enjoyning her 914! driving-girl.gif

This could be a really great 914 - pending a PPI, test drive & check-out by a knowledgeable 914 mechanic.
jim_hoyland
Not in the VIN database yet, perhaps if someone does a PPI, they can get the rest of the information... smile.gif
Kraftwerk
She sounds like an interesting person. How many of us can say we put that many miles on a 914? Would love to see a picture just for curiosity's sake.
DanT
OK, here are the pics I just got today....old school film prints...I have scanned them into my computer now so here they are....a very nice original 914 by the looks of these pics. biggrin.gif

sorry about some of the pics...it must be the German School of Photography biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
DanT
and
DanT
and
DanT
and
DanT
and
DanT
and
DanT
and
DanT
and
Gint
Unless that car is swiss cheese underneath, it definitely looks like it's worth 7k to me!
DanT
and
DanT
and
DanT
and
DanT
and
DanT
and
DanT
and
DanT
and
DanT
and
rjames
Great looking car!!
Tom_T
QUOTE(DanT @ Dec 20 2011, 04:13 PM) *

and

Post #23 is definitely your blurriest scan Dan! blink.gif biggrin.gif
...must be the underpan shot.... huh.gif poke.gif

Kudos for helping the lady out too Dan!! smilie_pokal.gif

Looks like a nice honestly driven 73 914-2.0 in pretty good shape for the years & miles, and a deal for this price if all else checks out.

popcorn[1].gif

DanT
icon_bump.gif
pete000
I like the club event badges on the dash, looks to be an enthusiast's car.

Should sell quickly at 7K.
rnellums
WOW drooley.gif And in Black too! Great Looking car. Seems a steal at 7.
wes
Cars like this one always show up when I deep in to trying to build one = to this? headbang.gif
914newguy
Newguy here that's pretty high miles on rebuild has anyone seen this car in person im looking for a nice 914 daily driver also and rust anywhere?
laflaur
newguy
send the seller a pm and then make a post about wtb
welcome to the world
914newguy
I just talked with seller very nice lady. Is there anyone in the area knowledgable to accompany me on inspection of it? Or has any member seen this car in person ?
DanT
QUOTE(914newguy @ Jan 2 2012, 05:24 PM) *

I just talked with seller very nice lady. Is there anyone in the area knowleadgeable to accompany me on inspection of it? Or has any member seen this car in person ?

Depending on when, I might be able to take a look with you.
I would like to see the car so I could field questions here as to condition.
Maybe take some more pics. smile.gif
914newguy
Hey DanT can you get picture underneath the car? was thinking about going to see the car next weekend if not sold by then
DanT
Not sure when I can get there to take pics....and I don't think we should ask Ursula to crawl around on the ground to do that either.
DanT
Car is sold and going to Corte Madera next Saturday! biggrin.gif
Hiroprotaganist
Looking forward to meeting everyone! We could not be happier with this newest addition to the family.

She shall be joining her cousin in the garage, they will make for an interesting duo.

Click to view attachment

DanT
Glad she found a good Porsche family for Pearly Mae. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.