Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LeMans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MJHanna
Just bought the only DVD copy available in my town last night. boldblue.gif Great to see and hear this classic film finally on DVD! Trivia question: How many times did they past the 914 in the Movie? confused24.gif
Bleyseng
Come out to the Childrens Hospital Benefit Sovern Race at SIR near Seattle if you want to see and hear that 917. I have seen it 2 times now and its and incredible car! I was just talking to Korijo about that movie and going to see the car last night!
Geoff
Curvie Roadlover
One of my all time favorite movies. There is no dialogue between any actors in this movie until over 45 minutes into the movie. Whenever I watch it I have to consciously control myself from saying to my wife, "Look, there goes a 914!", every time that happens in the movie.
Jeff Krieger
QUOTE(MJHanna @ Apr 30 2003, 05:47 AM)
Just bought the only DVD copy available in my town last night.  :boing:  Great to see and hear this classic film finally on DVD! Trivia question: How many times did they past the 914 in the Movie? confused24.gif

What do the cars look like on DVD? On my VHS tape the dimensions are a little screwy because the film has been formatted to fit the tv. Is that still the case with the DVD?
Neal
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 30 2003, 05:34 AM)
Come out to the Childrens Hospital Benefit Sovern Race at SIR near Seattle if you want to see and hear that 917. I have seen it 2 times now and its and incredible car! I was just talking to Korijo about that movie and going to see the car last night!
Geoff

When is the Benefit race ?

Neal
Jeff Krieger
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ Apr 30 2003, 11:01 AM)
One of my all time favorite movies. There is no dialogue between any actors in this movie until over 45 minutes into the movie. Whenever I watch it I have to consciously control myself from saying to my wife, "Look, there goes a 914!", every time that happens in the movie.

Yeah, the 914 has a racing heritage. Did the Datsun 240Z or any of the 914's other competitors race at Le Mans?
Brad Roberts
Hanna.. use this one..

Then put in size 125 x 84 right below the line that asks for the size.

It wont look all squishy.

B
cha914
Brad Roberts: "Single handedly ridding the WWW of squishy avatars one by one"
mueba.gif
MJHanna
Thanks Brad I gave up on trying to get it to fit. aktion035.gif
Jeff: The format is wide screen only so the cars look they way they are suppose to as in the original movie. I with the sound crank up to the correct level the first part of the movie is great. You can really hear the different kinds of engines. The 917 sounds like a 911 on steroids. beerchug.gif driving.gif
URY914
When I was a kid I rode my bike down to the local Gulf station and got a FREE poster of McQueen from the movie. It was on my door until I went to college.
I still have it.
Jeff Krieger
QUOTE(MJHanna @ Apr 30 2003, 11:52 AM)

Jeff: The format is wide screen only so the cars look they way they are suppose to as in the original movie. I with the sound crank up to the correct level the first part of the movie is great. You can really hear the different kinds of engines. The 917 sounds like a 911 on steroids.  :beer2:  :driving:

Thanks. I guess that I'm going to have to buy the DVD too now.
Brad Roberts
Yep.. Alfred.. Hanna has now forced me to buy it also. My wifes DVD collection makes peoples heads spin when they walk into the house. I own ONE DVD. NOw I'll own TWO. LOL

No problem MH on the avatar. CH914 is correct... I'm the superhero of the avatar world.

B
Brad Roberts
Paul/URY send me your full size pic. The limits are 125 X 125. So shrink a full size pic.. to 125 X _ _ whatever fits. Then type the number in below it.

B
Bleyseng
The Historic races are on July 4,5, and 6th. That is when Bruce and Craig McCaw bring out their collection of cars. Usually the 917 is there and they run it. It is way louder than a 911 on steroids! Tiny little thing too.
Geoff
ChrisReale
How big in comparison to a 914?
Bleyseng
They are alittle higher than the door edge and wider in width all in all. Longer too. Basically you lie down in it.
Come out a see it...maybe Bruce or Craig will be there too.
Geoff
Curvie Roadlover
Here's a comparison for you, Chris.
Curvie Roadlover
In fact I'm making it my new avatar. I hate to get rid of Andy's boot though. cool_shades.gif
Jeff Krieger
Wouldn't it be great if Porsche made a dominant race-car today? I wonder if they'll ever return to their former glory.
Qarl
Does anybody know where to buy Lemans on DVD?

Thanks,

Karl
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Jeff Krieger @ Apr 30 2003, 08:29 PM)
Wouldn't it be great if Porsche made a dominant race-car today? I wonder if they'll ever return to their former glory.

I heard a rumor today that there are 1 or 2 companies in England that fabricate specialized racing parts and they have been contracted to build some things that essentially could only be used in prototype racing (read:LeMans). Customer? Porsche! Certainly not for 2003 but maybe 2004. That is a tough proposition for Porsche to do as Audi has raised the bar pretty high in that form of racing.
Greg Silva
Karl, I've got a copy coming from Amazon.
Qarl
I couldn't find it on Amazon! I must be stoopid. Can you post me a link to it.

Thanks!

Karl
Qarl
Never mind. I found it! I'm an eedjut!

I but a space between the le and the Mans and it came up.

Thanks!

Karl
Greg Silva
Karl, I believe I've seen pictures of your car. Nobody stoopid could achieve that! wink.gif

I just now went in to Amazon and did a DVD search for "le mans" and turned it up. It lists for $14.99. I'm about useless in terms of posting a link you could just click on. Not a bad searcher, tho! HTH.
mr914
I bought my copy from Circuit City Saturday for $14.95

Best Buy also has it listed for $17.95

Circuit City only had one copy. beer.gif
Britain Smith
I just added Lemans to my Netflix cue, it was available.

-Britain
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.