Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shock question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Woody
Well I am looking to upgrade the shocks on my 75. I autocross at least once a month and seldom drive it on the street anymore. I intend to do the trailing arm and chassis stiffening this winter as well as a 5 bolt conversion. The car currently has the boge front struts. Question 1, are the 914 front strut inserts compatible with the 911 units? Are the Koni struts that much better than the Bilstein ones? And last, do the rear Koni struts have adjustable spring seats like the Bilsteins?

Jon
CMONNETT
You can get the threaded collars from ground controls for both the bilsteins or the koni. I've been running the bilsteins on my car for 15yrs. The nice thing is you can send them back to bilstein and have them re-valved whenever you need for less than a new pair costs. The front inserts for the 914 are the same as the 911, as long as they are both boge strut housings. Let me know if you need help. BTW, have you all moved in the new store yet?
jcd914
QUOTE(Woody @ Dec 16 2011, 11:42 AM) *

Well I am looking to upgrade the shocks on my 75. I autocross at least once a month and seldom drive it on the street anymore. I intend to do the trailing arm and chassis stiffening this winter as well as a 5 bolt conversion. The car currently has the boge front struts.
Question 1, are the 914 front strut inserts compatible with the 911 units?

Yes, assuming the strut types are the same (Boge 914 vs Boge 911)

Are the Koni struts that much better than the Bilstein ones?

I like the Koni, they are adjustable.
There are many here that prefer the Bilstein's.
Put the same brand front and rear and you won't go wrong with either.

And last, do the rear Koni struts have adjustable spring seats like the Bilsteins?

Yes they do but I believe the Bilstein have more grove for a wider adjustment range.

Jon

Jim
Woody
QUOTE(CMONNETT @ Dec 16 2011, 01:58 PM) *

You can get the threaded collars from ground controls for both the bilsteins or the koni. I've been running the bilsteins on my car for 15yrs. The nice thing is you can send them back to bilstein and have them re-valved whenever you need for less than a new pair costs. The front inserts for the 914 are the same as the 911, as long as they are both boge strut housings. Let me know if you need help. BTW, have you all moved in the new store yet?

The new store should be up and running next month, we were supposed to be in at the end of this month but she had to add a fountain, with fish, that required the plumbing and electrics to be redone. How ya been buddy?

Thanks JCD, those are the answers I was looking for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.